The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) is a leader in seabird rehabilitation, research and oiled wildlife response and achieves this internationally recognised work through applying high veterinary standards and compassionate care.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Location: Cape Town
The Fundraiser will manage donor relations; assist supporters to match their benevolence with seabird conservation projects and programmes at SANCCOB; present fundraising project proposals to existing and potential funders; and co-develop and implement initiatives to raise the actual funds to cover the costs of the projects and programmes for SANCCOB. The emphasis for this fundraising position is to manage and further develop SANCCOB’s individual giving programme.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage and develop SANCCOB’s individual giving programme
- Stewardship (relationship building and communications) of individual donors
- Analyse donor data and use communication tools from the organisation’s information management system (DevMan) to segment, report on, and communicate with individual donors, members and small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Research and identify philanthropic individuals and entities to present fundraising projects to
- Proposal writing to trusts and foundations, including relationship management and report writing
- Acquisition of new corporate donors
- Retain and grow the number and value of regular and monthly donors, against a pre-determined target
- Manage and further develop SANCCOB’s bequest programme, which includes liaison with estate executors
- Maintain, manage and grow the SANCCOB membership programme to increase membership numbers
- Maintain and grow the penguin, seabird and egg adoption programmes via marketing campaigns as an integral part of the individual giving programme
- Secure donations in-kind, which includes researching suppliers, securing goods and maintaining relationships
- Manage third party fundraisers and platforms where SANCCOB is a beneficiary
- Maintain excellent donor records
- Assist with fundraising and marketing
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience in the NGO sector with sound knowledge of fundraising best practices
- Tertiary qualification in the fields of development studies, fundraising, marketing, communication, social sciences or other related fields will be advantageous
- People-oriented; understands people and feels comfortable cultivating and managing relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Articulate ability to present a concept in such a way that the listener or reader is motivated to participate
- Effective communication skills
- Result driven in a team environment, innovative, passionate and someone that shows commitment to the team and the cause
- Financially literate and comfortable to work with budgets and present financial information
Please send CV, letter of motivation and a minimum of three contactable references to Ronnis Daniels at [email protected].
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.
Application Deadline: Friday, 22 January, 2021