THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of HR Manager for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Grant HR Manager
Location: eThekwini / uMgungundlovu
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 December 2020
The HR Manager will be expected to support all the grant specific HR aspects of the organisation/project. S/he will contribute to upholding of HR practices and objectives, to provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment and retention of skilled HR in the organisation as well as oversee the workings and tasks of the HR Officer.
Working under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Advisor, the HR Manager will perform specific duties including but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee recruitment process, liaising regularly with all hiring managers on organisational needs
- Remuneration Management – provide advice to executive management on salary related matters. Advise employees regarding benefits and remuneration (including package structuring).
- Implement payroll, effectively and timeously
- Monitor and address legal compliance issues to ensure that the organisation is compliant with local and national laws; Health & Safety including management of IOD and WCA claims, etc
- Be the custodian of all HR policies and procedures, revising regularly in line with market practice and within funder parameters
- Maintain data accuracy, staff department records and reporting
- Setup and manage probation and performance evaluation processes
- Maintain and revise the organisation’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the business to create a high-performance culture by implementing team and organisation design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans
- Develop a comprehensive training plan and budget to address skills development needs across the organisation, as well as robust Onboarding and induction processes.
- Ensure compliance with statutory Skills legislation and reporting requirements.
- Ensures submission of timely reports and documents.
- Facilitating and review performance management and leave tracking systems are utilised correctly
- Working alongside the outsourced HR company in ensuring information sharing is as accurate as possible
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of personnel documents and electronic files in an organized and orderly manner so that records can be referred to and deciphered clearly in the event of an audit or need for historical information.
- Managing staff disciplinary procedures in coordination with the senior management
- Effective management of all HR staff
- Support the finance department in the process and administration of staff payroll.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related managerial positions
- Excellent planning, organizing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Carefully attentive to detail and confidentiality as well as discretion is a must.
- Proficiency with MS Office, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including interaction with senior management
- Postgraduate Degree will be an added advantage
- A demonstrable track record of HR delivery within an organisation
- Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
- Keen understanding of SA Labour legislation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Budgeting and budget management
- Performance Management
- Project management
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Analytical skills
- Conflict management
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting.THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – [email protected].
Application Deadline: 16 October 2020.