THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
Job Title: Grant Finance Officer
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 1 January 2021
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Grant Finance Officer for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
The Grant Finance Officer will be expected to assist in operational support to the project team under the supervision of the Grant Finance Manager. S/he will be responsible for financial and administrative functions of the project at a district level, including the management of accounting and financial transactions, financial reporting, and management of daily project administration within their district.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- S/he will assist in the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to maintain project implementation and will guarantee that these processes are in compliance with USAID policies and regulations under the supervision of the Grant Finance Manager.
- The Grant Finance Officer will assist in oversee procurement processes. S/he will provide overall management support to the district office, and will provide critical logistical support.
- Verify payment documentation for adequacy and completeness
- Together with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to USAID regulations, and are allowable, reasonable and allocable.
- Assist Grant Finance Manager in preparation of monthly cash projections.
- Ensure all financial documents, journals and payment vouchers are filed in a timely manner.
- S/he will be assisting finance manager in financial duties required by project. These includes budgeting, procurement oversight and records management.
- Be responsible for preparing timely and accurate financial reporting and assisting in preparation of monthly financial spreadsheets, cashflows forecasts, data entry corresponding with vendors as appropriate, and ensuring the office follows USAID financial procedures
- Support Grant finance manager in ensuring compliance with the requirements of the USAID ward and conducting day to day finance operation
- Bachelor Commerce in Finance or Accounting degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance management or related position
- Experience in Non-Profit environment is an advantage
- Strong financial management, data analysis, excel skills
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management
- Advanced Sage or NetSuite financial management system skills
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting.THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Faaria Alli – [email protected].
Application Deadline: 20 October 2020.