Posted on :
28 Sep, 2010
28 Sep, 2010
Unilever products are sold in more than 170 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, North America, and Western Europe. The company’s offerings span several categories, including savory, dressings, and spreads; ice cream and beverages; personal care; and home care. Unilever’s vast portfolio includes 11 brands that ring up more than $1 billion each annually. Unilever South Africa recruits Tank Attendant
Job Title: Tank Attendant
Full/Part Time Full Time
Description Tank Attendant
Location: Unilever Boksburg
This position is open to SA citizens only
Purpose of the Job:
1. Prepare Aqueous Phase and Blends for the Old hall packing lines according to TPM and GMP standards to meet the weekly production requirements ensuring good quality blends and aqueous phase at the right cost.
2. Calculate the exact amounts of blend and Aqueous phase required by the weekly production plan.
3. Check all raw materials on line side for the following:
4. Ensure that all non-conforming blends and ingredients are identified, place on hold and an NCA is raised.
5. Ensure that all Raw materials are available to the line side to meet the daily production plan
6. Perform start-up and shutdown routine checks on all primary and secondary equipment in the relevant area.
7. Complete all relevant documentation to the required standards and incorporate improvements where necessary.
8. Operate the SCADA system and plant equipment according to TPM framework standards.
9. Participate in line side Monthly Stock Take
10. Oversee the control room when the plant controller is not available.
• Matric Maths & Science, NQF level 3.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Be able to communicate with individuals(managers, unit managers, accounts, SHEQ) at all functional levels
• Good knowledge of Margarine Manufacturing Process
• Good knowledge of raw materials handling and storage facility
• Good knowledge of SAP from the perspective of operations and the interface that exists between production and the business system. This must be complemented with a good understanding of process flow within a production environment and the flow of materials through the plant.
• Studies in production/materials/logistic management would be advantageous
• The job involves a high level of numerical skills
• Incumbents will be required to become familiar with descriptions and point of use of all materials use in the production processes at Unilever Foods Boksburg Site
• The incumbent requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / e-mail)
• A valid Forklift Driver’s license would be advantageous.
Main Responsibilities include the following:
1. Prepare blends and Aqueous Phase for Old Hall packing lines as per weekly plan
2. Constantly liaise with the Plant Controller in terms of the daily/weekly plan requirement
3. Inform Unit Manager/Planners to make alterations to the production plan in the event of an issue(material quality, machine breakdown) which could result in a line stoppage
4. Conduct monthly stock counts
5. Calculate Aqueous Phase versus blend requirements to avoid waste.
6. Liaise with the Line Controller on any issues that may result in line stoppage
7. Record all ingredients used according to the quality standards.
8. Report material quality defects to the quality department and raise an NCA
9. Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) and Housekeeping(5S)
10. Actively drive TPM within your area
11. Drive business targets – OEE’s, OR, Safety, Quality, PM/RM waste
12. Participate in packaging/raws waste Focussed Improvement
Participate actively in TPM on Line Side with particular focus on:
• 5S and cleaning activities
• Reducing damages and taking part in Focused improvements to reduce losses
• All expired or rejected materials to be stored in a demarcated area
Closing Date: 08 October 2010
Recruitment Hotline: 0800 980 693