Posted on :
13 Jul, 2017
13 Jul, 2017
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030.
Tackling the causes – not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary.
Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Learn the financial processes routine in WFP
Master skills in processing financial transactions
1. Understand the invoice processing documentation flow
• Receive the invoices
• Track invoices received in online Finance Mailboxes
• Upload received invoices onto Invoice Tracking System (ITS)
2. Understand WFP SAP (WINGS) Finance module and financial transactions set up
• Raise credit notes for transport pre-delivery losses
• Reconcile vendor payable requests against WINGS system records
3. Bank Account open items management
• Follow up balance on ZAR bank account
• Record bank charges in WINGS system
• Record bank receipts in WINGS system
• Assist with bank reconciliations by monthly deadline
4. Payment release process
• Provide bank authorisers with documents for payment releases
• Printing of Vendor payment advices
• Filing of payment documents
5. Financial Reporting
• Submitting weekly reports to spending units on outstanding invoices
• Reporting on monthly financial transactions
6. Any other tasks as required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY