Yana is a non-profit organization and registered with the Departments of Health and Social Development. It has five group homes where accommodation and psycho-social rehabilitation services are offered to persons with stabilized psychiatric illnesses.
Job Title: Manager
Job Location: Pretoria
Reports to: The Manager reports to the Management Committee of YANA
Salary: A cost to company package will be negotiated according to experience.
The purpose of the Manager is to deliver a professional service in managing all aspects of YANA with the purpose of reaching the Strategic Objectives of the Organization, guided by the Constitution of YANA as well as the contractual obligations that YANA has with the relevant State Departments, like Health and Social Development.
General Management and Administration
- Planning, Organizing, Leading and Controlling of YANA in line with the approved Strategic and Business plan
- Responsible for all financial management aspects of the organization
- Generation and implementation of the annual budget as well as introduction and monitoring of financial control rules and regulations
- Handling of monthly subsidy claims with the Department of Health, motivation and reporting for Lotto and other motivations for funding.
- Handle debtors, creditors and the management of cash in the organization
- Manages the subcontracted bookkeeping and payroll contract, as well as consultations with YANA’s treasurer and auditors
- Responsible for all the personnel management activities in the organization.
- Interface with all the stakeholders, including Departments of Health and Social Development of the Gauteng Government as well as Tshwane Municipality
- Report to the Management Committee of YANA and part of the Management Committee in an ex officio basis
- Interface to our beneficiaries, the person that acts as the responsible party in the contract, as well as our sponsors and supporters
- Responsible for the fundraising strategy and the implementation of the plan, this includes the initiating of fundraising projects in consultation with the personnel and Management and Financial Committee
- Initiate, generate and implement the Marketing Strategy of YANA, in consultation with the Management Committee
- Degree in Social Work will be an advantage
- Reasonable knowledge of psychiatric patients in particular people with schizophrenia will be required
- Degree in Finance of Commerce will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years’ working experience and at least 6 years in management.
- South African citizenship.
- Fully computer literate with superior capabilities in Excel and Word.
- Deep understanding and experience of relevant legislation including NPO Act, Mental Health Care Act, Labour Act.
- Valid driving licence and driving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Well-seasoned manager with an empathetic attitude towards the needs of mentally ill patients
- A natural leader with experience in leading employees, as well as an openness to accept the professional therapeutic input of social workers regarding the functioning of residents
- Person that has demonstrated capabilities regarding the functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling of an organization.
- Deep understanding of the Department of Health’s Strategic plan
- Well-developed people skills
- Motivational skills
- Conflict handling skills
- Reasoning ability
- Attention to detail regarding compliance
- Demonstrated capability and experience to initiate and drive the marketing function and evaluate the impact of the activity on the organization
- Understanding and experience on how to use Social Media to market the organization.
- Conflict handling abilities
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter (maximum 1 page) to YANA at: [email protected] before 6 December 2018