AFDB Vacancies: Planning and Administration Officer
Under the leadership of the Chief of Planning & Administration, the Principal Planning Officer will be Responsible for building and managing an effective and efficient Planning for IT activities.
He provides guidance on achieving the best use of the Bank’s financial rules and regulations, procurement procedures, recruitment procedures and accompanying standards, business processes, tools and metrics.
Duties and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Principal Planning Officer are :
- Develop Planning on CIMM activities.
- Prepare the annual budget submission of the department as well as the Mid-year budget review and retrospective review by:
- Collecting facts and presenting them for decision making; recording data, monitoring and reporting on the department budget implementation level.
- Initiating actions on expenses to be incurred.
- Prepare and plan the execution of CIMM Capital and Administrative budgets
- Manage and review capital and administrative budgets periodically to analyze commitment and expenditure.
- Work with CIMM stakeholders to ensure that CIMM’s strategic plan reflects current business priorities and aligned with the IT strategy.
- Ensure that programs and projects are adequately staffed and funded at all times, highlighting areas which are ‘out of control’ or are at risk of going beyond acceptable tolerances
- Effectively educate and communicate operational matters related to budgets, finances and other resources to the Manager, Director and CIMM Management
- Advise and provide guidance on impact of budget commitments and communicate arising matters.
- Prepare overall annual Procurement plans for the CIMM department.
- Identifies the department requirements in terms of consultant engagements, budgets to implement the different contracts.
- Participate on shortlisting suppliers, drafting TORs, RFPs for the recruitment of Implementation Partners
- Apply the Banks procurement rules and procedures to get IT goods and services for the best price and value.
- Building a strong working relationship both internally and with key suppliers to get efficiently and cost-effectively goods and services
- Negotiate and manage contracts and make payments against deliverables.
- Evaluate contract performance and renewals
- Understanding and keeping up with new IT trends and procurement regulations in the IT business
- Dealing with international suppliers
- Understanding technology and managing online systems such as SAP and e-tendering
- Contribute on the review of CIMM-related KPI’s that identify the success of CIMM programs
- Recommend the implementation of changes to improve overall performance of CIMM department.
- Design and implement a continuous improvement plans which seeks to improve user satisfaction and CIMM performance on year-on-year basis
- Gather performance feedback from Users as part of the normal course of business.
- Track project spend against agreed CAPEX / OPEX budget allocations, proactively identifying potential over / under spend situations
- Manage CIMM Budget and Headcount effectively
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related business fields and/or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years in Planning Management.
- Company / industry market experience
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in Strategic program planning & management, financial management methodologies and tools
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the Bank’s financial, procurement management rules and procedures/expertise
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Dynamic and self-motivated leader to provide direction under complex conditions which often includes ambiguity and uncertainty
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organization, across Complexes, Divisions and Departments and also internationally
- The incumbent must be able to build trust amongst all their contacts, across all levels within the organization in order to build a foundation for long term relationships and information exchange
- Excellent knowledge of a range of Rules and Regulations with particular emphasis on:
- The Bank’s financial rules and Regulations
- The Bank’s procurement rules and regulations
- Financial management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a collaborative managerial style
- Exceptional communication skills, including issue resolution, negotiation and conflict management
- Must have ability to work autonomously and proactively
- A strong orientation towards goal achievement
- An over-riding commitment to the portfolio’s success, customer satisfaction and team working
- Broadly skilled in information and communications technology
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and customer service skills (clarity of messages, crispness in delivery, timeliness, and accuracy) required.
- The ability to adapt to the requirements of the customer, the needs of the sponsors, the environment and people working on it to ensure a successful outcome.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Click here to apply online