International Air Transport Association (IATA) Vacancies
Job Title: Manager, Safety and Flight Operations (SFO) Africa
Location: South Africa, Johannesburg
Job ID 5452
Position Category: Commercial and/or Technical
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Contract Duration n/a
Travel Required: Yes
Reporting to the Regional Director, Safety and Flight Operations (SFO) Africa, the incumbent will have primary accountability within SFO for enhancing airline operational safety and helping to facilitate the implementation of IATA Safety and Flight Operations objectives. The incumbent will work closely with other IATA divisions, Government Authorities, Director Generals of Civil Aviation Authorities (DGCAA’s), international agencies including International civil Aviation Organizations (ICAO) as well with Member and Non-member Airlines.
- Directly support the creation of new industry initiatives to enhance safety and efficiency;
- Promote industry best practices to help establish operational requirements and regional policies within the framework of IATA’s global safety, operations and where appropriate security policies;
- Work closely with IATA Member airlines operating in the Africa region in resolving technical and operational issues; Act on their behalf with the authorities concerned;
- Assist with the Implementation of the IATA Safety program including the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and Enhanced IOSA programme;
- Together with IATA Middle East and North Africa (MENA) drive the implementation of the Africa Safety Strategic Improvement Action Plan/ Abuja Plan of Action and Safety;
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in all specialist areas covered by the Regional SFO Office to provide industry leadership.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in relevant disciplines, or equivalent technical standard or experience;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in airline operations. Experience in flight operations will be an asset.
- Experience in implementing IOSA and / or as an IOSA Auditor.
- Experience working with government agencies and/ or in dispute resolution;
- Ability to communicate efficiently, to interact comfortably with senior management and to summarize key issues with tact and diplomacy;
- Good understanding of ICAO and (African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) processes;
- Self-confident, highly motivated, energetic, initiative skills, a team player and proficiency in research, report writing and creating presentations;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and IT related matters, including presentational software;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of French will be an asset.
How to Apply:
Click on this link to Apply online