DITSELA is the Development Institute for Training, Support and Education for Labour. It was established in 1996 by the main trade union federations in South Africa, to help build a strong trade union movement.
DITSELA is a section 21, not for profit organisation, core funded by the Department of Labour through its Strengthening the Civil Society Fund. It also receives limited programme specific funding from the ETDP Seta and other funders.
DITSELA has full time staff members of 17, of which fifteen are in the National office in Johannesburg
and two based in the Western Cape office, in Bellville.
The Institute seeks to urgently fill the post of the Junior Research Intern is based at its Head Office in the Johannesburg CBD.
Junior Researcher Internship
- Work under the general supervision of the senior researcher and programme manager on Ditsela’s research projects.
- Assist in research and analyse a range of Ditsela Education and learning materials on issues and strategies in relation to Labour Movement.
- Conduct desktop and field research and investigation work. Ensure accurate and professional research tasks are delivered timely. Provide timely information relevant to the projects. Prepare research materials and publications
- Research and collects data through complex techniques and procedures, library research, structured interviews or other project specific methodology
- Schedules, organizes and reports on status of research activities
- Writes and edits materials for publication and presentation
Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Education, and or Labour Studies
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss and document research progress. Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solves technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of the research.
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology and logical critical analysis.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diversity
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Applicants must submit their CV & Cover Letter to: [email protected].