Transactional Banker Vacancy
Banking / Finance and Investment, Gauteng JHB – Southern Suburbs
Transactional BankerLocation: SandtonPermanent Position
Purpose of Role:
Drive Transactional Banking Sales retention, growth and cross sell strategy with respect to domestic NIR from existing and new clients as a specialist sales function.
- Drive the retention and acquisition of domestic Transactional Banking revenue streams from the existing corporate client base as a specialist servicing, sales & marketing function aligned with a specific Corporate Banking Team;
- Preparation and management of monthly reporting on CRM from a strategic, financial client relationship and wallet share analysis perspective, e.g.: Pipeline management and client activity reports;
- Work closely with the corporate banking team to strategize around organic growth and new business acquisition;
- Identifying client requirements and potential transactional banking solutions from existing clients;
- New client research and opportunity identification;
- Following up leads for organic/ new business from existing clients;
- Preparation of client proposals encompassing the identification of client solutions, profitability analysis for pricing, preparation of sales presentations and the execution thereof, and development of implementation plans;
- Oversee migration of existing clients onto the company business;
- Achieve a high rate of client penetration in terms of call planning, quality client visits and interactions, resulting in strong client retention;
- Liaise and develop relationships with internal stakeholders i.e. Corporate Bankers, Credit, Client Integration Services, Product and Channel Management, Retail, Capital, Card Acquiring/ Issuing and Cash operations;
- Drive the transactional banking value proposition to a portfolio of corporate clients with the intention of converting clients’ primary banker status to the company;
- Development and implementation of client strategies across all Domestic Transactional Banking products – e.g. payments, electronic banking, cash, card and distribution channels.
- Drive and achieve financial deliverables – achieve targets in terms of revenue and volumes across all domestic transactional banking products – aligned with a specific Relationships Management team;
- Drive sales of transactional banking products with the emphasis on cross-selling and new client acquisition;
- Ensure seamless delivery of transactional banking solutions to corporate clients;
- Business deliverables include client interactions, relationship building and admin/process deliverables in terms of portfolio management and client delivery.
- Proven record in a sales environment;
- The ability to understand, scope and drive client requirements from a domestic transactional banking requirements point of view;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Technical competency in understanding transactional banking and related products, services and channels (the full product and channel offering);
- The ability to develop client confidence in our offering, pricing and service and to ensure that all client contact creates and sustains value;
- The ability to manage a client base in terms of account/portfolio planning and the execution of planned strategies;
- Strategic input into the Transactional Banking Sales approach and client engagement model;
- Computer Literate;
- Financial analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary education and working experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a sales and financial services environment;
- Strong client servicing skills;
- Corporate client facing relationship experience is critical;
- Financial re-+porting and analysis experience necessary.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Closing date: 19 July 2013