The Robben-Island Museum invites applications for an ICT Internship position available within their Finance Department.
The main objective of this internship is to provide work experience exposure in ICT for the qualified graduate in Information Technology
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktopcomputer, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines;
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software;
- Assist ICT RIM helpdesk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from users;
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, and administrative systems;
- Assist user with printing support and telephones incidents;
- Assist with the incident management at the ICT Helpdesk;
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable;
- Assist in management of RIM ICT assets and administration;
- Grade 12 or Matric;
- Diploma/ degree in Information Technology or Computer Systems/ Science;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical skills;
- Oral communication;
- Sound judgement
- Team player;
- Time management;
- Good organisational skills. RIM is an EE, AA, employer, RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found.
Forward a detailed cv, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as contactable referees, to [email protected] by no later than 08 February 2017.
Note : If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your applicationunsuccessful.