Posted on :
22 Dec, 2014
*Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Mathematics/Accounting/Economics as a passed subject;*Have a certificate in Financial
Management/Public/Business Management/Public Administration or related fields;
*Applicants in possession of a higher qualification in the specific field or who have completed an internship/currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference;*Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well
competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
*Creation of financial authorities for cost centers with the DPCI.*Draw expenditure reports and monitor all authorizations and commitments against provincial DPCI’s budgets.
*Perform supplier payment functions.*Filing of all financial applications and payment schedules.
2. Accounting Clerk
Remuneration: R123 738 per annum (Level 5)
Component : DPCI: Head Office: Pretoria: Finance and Administration Services
*Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with
Mathematics/Accounting/Economics as a passed subject;*Have a certificate in Financial Management/Public/Business Management/Public Administration or related fields;
*Applicants in possession of a higher qualification in the specific field or who have completed an internship/currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference;*Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well. competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
*Administer the TMS and Cellular Telephone matters within the DPCI.*Administer all
Financial Claims and Advance within the DPCI.*Administer the salary administration within
the DPCI including payroll.*Administer housing applications for personnel within DPCI in
terms of housing policy for SAPS and Administer Allowances (Overtime, Night shift
allowance and Public Holidays).*Filing of all finalised Overtime Claims, Night shift Claims,
Public Holidays; Cell phone Accounts and TMS.
Application forms and enquiries can be directed to:
APPLICATIONS FOR NATIONAL: HEAD OFFICE: PRETORIA CAN BE POSTED TO:
Lt-Colonel PB Mokgadi
Private Bag X1500
HAND DELIVERED TO:
1 Cresswell Avenue
ENQUIRIES CAN BE DIRECTED TO:
Lt-Colonel Mokgadi/Lt-Colonel Sayster
Tel: (012) 846-4314 /(012) 846-4547
* Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
* A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
* Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous
employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
* The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
* Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act as applicable to the post environment.
* Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* The closing date for applications is: 2014-12-29.
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
* Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
* Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related
Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose particulars appear
in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
* All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
* Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this
advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
* The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
* The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.