Posted on :
12 Dec, 2014
Security Official Learnerships at Reserve Bank
Job Title :Security Official
Organization Name : Branch Operations
Department Description: Currency Management Department (CMD)
The main purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard the facilities, personnel and assets of the South African Reserve Bank (the Bank).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Conducting access and egress control in the area of operation.
· Utilising and maintaining personal, basic and advanced security equipment.
· Monitoring and controlling all security systems and signals in a control room.
· Identifying and responding to emergency signals and situations under all conditions.
· Protecting and patrolling areas of operation.
· Conducting security threat assessments in areas of operation in support of the protection function.
· Performing evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies.
· Performing administrative duties such as report writing, and completing occurrence books and pocketbooks.
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
· be in possession of a Matric/Grade 12 certificate;
· be in possession of a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C qualification;
· be competent in the handling of firearms (i.e., 9 mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
· have undergone security training; and
· be experienced in operating security systems or, where applicable, be in possession of equivalent qualifications or experience.
Further requirements are as follows:
· Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation including, but not limited to, the National Key Points (NKP) Act and regulations, Firearms Control Act, Criminal Procedure Act, as well as the policies, procedures and operational instructions of the Bank relating to the use of firearms.
· Proficiency in English.
· A level of medical, psychological and physical fitness commensurate with the inherent requirements of this position.
· Professionalism, discipline and physical fitness to work long hours.
It should be noted that the successful candidate will be required to perform duties as required by operational circumstances. This could include:
· shift work (including weekends);
· day work (Monday to Friday);
· attending all prescribed training; or
· any combination(s) of these duties.
The following will be an added advantage:
· completed NKP training;
· exposure to physical and tactical security training
· basic firefighting and first-aid training;
· experience in operating in a security control room;
· completed security training for relevant qualifications on National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Levels 3 and 4; and
· computer literacy (International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL), Microsoft Office suite, access control systems and digital video management systems).
External candidates will be appointed on a permanent contract with a 12 month probation period. During the probation period, the candidate will be required to attend and successfully complete a compulsory security training course conducted by the Bank in terms of the NKP Act. The course is registered as a Learnership and Skills Programme, which could lead to a qualification on NQF Level 4.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicant: Please note that internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
Closing Date Not Specified