Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for Senior Communication Engineers in the Contact Centre environment
to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives within the Communication Centre of Excellence division.
As a Senior Communications Engineer, you will be responsible for the, implementation, and support of Avaya’s Enterprise Telephony (Contact Centre), and VoIP/SIP infrastructure according to project plan and milestones. You will become the Telephony Subject Matter Expert for Dimension Data’s Client’s telephony issues, concerns and needs. You will be expected to ensure problems of varying complexity are resolved to the client’s satisfaction and also within the agreed service level. You will be expected to also participate in strategic planning, administration and management of Client’s Telephony hardware and software and ensure technical issues are resolved as needed by coordination with other client’s departments and third-party vendors. In addition to this you will also be expected to proactively monitoring and address any identified system issues and develop and define technical service policies for Telephony software and hardware products supported, in collaboration with SME across other technical tracks. You will also be expected to provide guidance to and mentor other members of the team.
What we expect you to do:
- Implement VoIP solutions across multiple locations.
- Provide superior client service to internal clients, including response to escalations, proactively notifying clients of issues, and assessing and communicating business impact.
- Research, prepare and document incident reports for major issues, including root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Participate in 24×7 standby rotations.
- Track, report, and proactively address trunk and capacity issues based on business forecasts.
- Support end user applications (i.e. CMS Supervisor, Verint WFM).
- Follow IT change control best practices for predictable results.
- Monitor the service requests / incident queues and update and escalate in accordance to Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Work directly with managers, client contract (portfolio) managers, directors, and executives of business units to determine system needs, resolve problems, and explore potential new business or technical options/solutions.
- Lead and implement projects related to operational improvements
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external client’s detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Drive the continual evolution and support of the disaster recovery plan for consistency between sites.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Ensure Avaya certification stays current
- Provide guidance and coach other engineers in the team
- Research and implement new technologies that decrease Avaya Contact Centre costs while improving performance and reliability.
- Ensure effective proactive monitoring of all technologies in the client environment are in place. Develop appropriate tools and process to manage this to ensure impact to the client is reduced.
- Ensure effective problem management processes are develop and put in place to reduce reoccurring issue\incidents and problems.
- Build and actively maintain a Knowledge management System containing up to date information that can be effectively used by junior staff to resolve incidents in the environment more efficiently.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Avaya CM / Session / System and Control Manager Administration.
- Avaya Call Vectoring and VDN Programming.
- Avaya System Manager/Session Manager.
- Avaya Application Enablement Services (AES), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), design, implementation and administration.
- At least 2 years’ experience with basic moves, adds, and changes for Avaya Communication Manager in a full VoIP environment.
- Experience with integration into voice recording platforms.
- Experience with Avaya One-X Communicator, One-X Agent and One-X Portal a plus.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network infrastructure including E1, SIP, VOIP, and other advanced network services.
- Develops, maintains, and manages appropriate vendor and client relationships.
- Ability and desire to learn independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work on a client’s site for extended periods based on client’s contract.
- Ability to manage time well and meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Create detailed design and deployment documentation from technical architecture designs for communications systems, networks, hardware, software, transmission and signalling systems.
- Experience with NICE call recorders will be advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Managed Services environment
- ITIL knowledge is advantageous
- VoIP and QoS knowledge is advantageous
- Avaya CMS Administration.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, and recommending Contact Centre technologies to support business goals and processes.
- Sound knowledge of Call Centre working and deployment
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in design, provisioning and troubleshooting of Avaya Contact Centre solutions (AACC, Call-Center Elite, ACD, CMS, IQ, etc.)
- Experience with Avaya Voice Portal/Experience Portal
- Experience in Avaya dialler / Proactive Contact
- Experience in Avaya Proactive Outreach Manager
- Experience with Workforce Management suite of solutions
- Experience and working knowledge of Unified Communications solutions will receive preferential considerations.
- National Certificate (Grade 12 or Equivalent)
- Industry certifications on Data\Voice Networking technologies
- Active Certification on Avaya platforms / products, other Telephony technologies will be an advantage.
- Will be expected to perform a variety of complicated tasks and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance and will need to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals.
- Experience in leading a team and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
How to Apply
Click here to apply for 2x Senior Communications Engineers – Contact Centre
Click here to apply for 3x Senior Communications Engineers – Unified Communications
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data.