Posted on :
4 May, 2021
4 May, 2021
Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) has an exciting opportunity for Public Engagement Officer to join the Public Engagement Unit , to perform community engagement activities that support the implementation of AHRI’s research agenda.
Job Title: Public Engagement Officer
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: DBN/PEO02/2021/MAY
Contract Type: Contract 24 Months
Salary: Market Related
The incumbent will perform duties that includes to comprehensively prepare the community to participate in research studies; to communicate key scientific results to the local population; to encourage local community evidence-based behaviour change based on scientific results; and enable local communities to contribute to setting research priorities.
Requirements of the Job:
1. Undergraduate Degree in health, education or social science
2. Valid drivers’ licence with a least 2 years driving experience.
1. Experience working with the community or managing/coordinating field data collection
2. Experience in how traditional and local government work
3. Understanding of project operations, including project planning and ethical conduct of research
4. Must be proficient in Computer programs
5. Knowledge of quantitative research data collection methods
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Experience communicating research issues to the community
2. Knowledge of ethical issues in community-based research
3. Must be able to work on weekends and sometimes after hours
1. A 10-day HIV/Testing Certificate from registered training provider
2. Up-to-date comprehensive of HIV/AIDS epidemic intervention, especially for treatment and prevention
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 17/05/2021