Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates a collective impact network in Philippi that fosters a community-driven, holistic, and sustainable approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Job Title: Communications and Development Associate
Location: Philippi, Cape Town.
Start date: July through end 2018 with the possibility of extension to a full-time role
This is a part-time position for 10 to 15 hours per week
The purpose of the position is developing systems for supporting the Executive Director and US development committee in donor stewardship and engagement, developing our social media and prospect research
- Develop written and online communications
- Train staff and beneficiaries in developing social media content
- Support individual donor stewardship and engagement
- Institutional and individual donor prospect research
- Develop campaign infrastructure
- Minimum two years in a similar role, either full-time or consulting
- Demonstrated experience with social media and online communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, with isiXhosa considered a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research skills
- Township experience will be highly-valued
- Understanding of and interest in youth development and education
- Ability to be innovative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive and proactive
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage shifting deadlines
- Proven track record of similar work with similar organisations, and will work closely with the Executive Director and management team to create systems and strategies for raising Amandla’s profile in South Africa and overseas
- Ability to get to know Amandla’s work quickly and be able to confidently communicate to external audiences
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and a brief motivational letter including your salary expectations to [email protected] quoting “CommsDev Associate” in the subject line.
Ensure that your cover letter explains your interest in Amandla’s approach and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Applications without the required information will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 29th June, 2018.