AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: TB Social Worker (2)
Location: Ehlanzeni District (1) and OR Tambo District(1)
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate (Level 9, notch 4) for these positions.
- Conducting individual assessment and drawing up care and support plans for each patient.
- Providing psycho-social support, including supportive counselling to patients and families.
- Facilitate communication between patients, TB case management team and patients’ families as required.
- Assisting in the provision of treatment adherence education and support to patients and working with families to promote adherence.
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures;
- Linking patients to nutrition support services to speed up positive treatment outcomes, based on the individual needs of each patient.
- Linking patients to appropriate social services and monitoring them till end of treatment.
- Ensuring optimal care, protection of human rights for patients and coordination services, including referrals as per need.
- Liaising with community networks and partners
- Conducting advocacy activities required to reduce stigma and discrimination against people with TB.
- Compiling periodic reports and report implementation progress on a regular basis
- Performing any administrative duties as requested by the organisation
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), and proof of registration with SACSSP.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the public health sector/clinical social work service delivery. Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in working directly with persons who have chronic health conditions.
- Proven experience in all primary social work methods.
- Experience of working in high-risk communities
- Fluency in English and at least one local district language.
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal and report writing skills. Computer literacy in MS Office packages is a prerequisite.
- Driver’s License a necessity.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 05th September 2019