Posted on :
2 Oct, 2014
2 Oct, 2014
To conduct and supervise internal audits at engagement level in compliance with the approved Internal Audit Methodology; evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of Governance, Risk Management and Control.
• A 3 year appropriate tertiary qualification, majoring in Accounting and Auditing;
• A minimum of 3 years internal/ external audit or other relevant experience.
• Studying towards or have professional certification;
• A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
• Relevant and reliable information obtained and logical conclusions drawn in each step of the prelim survey ensuring that results of each step are effectively utilised;
• Adequately motivated engagement objectives, based on the correct analysis of the control objectives, cognisant of the risk demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of how risks should be mitigated;
• Adequately motivated control adequacy assessment, drawing qualitative conclusions on the capability of identified key control to mitigate the risk in relation to the engagement objective motivations;
• Comprehensive and accurate systems description that enhances better understanding of key aspects of the entire process is logically documented;
• Appropriately extracted sample based on effective analysis of population and elements of control;
• Test procedures are developed in line with engagements, objective requirements and key control design;
• Working papers are complete (including cross-referencing) and accurate accompanied by useful, relevant, sufficient and reliable evidence delivered and coaching notes signed off;
• The elements of audit findings are appropriately aligned including adequate evaluation of root causes giving effect to practical and value-add recommendations completed.
• Audit practices, engagement planning and execution;
• Analytical thinking;
• Information Gathering;
• Interactive- Communication;
• Team Work.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit originally certified copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 270 804 – R 318 984 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 9
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Stefan Malan at (021) 483 9962