Autism Western Cape is a non-profit organisation, based in Cape Town, which serves to support and empower individuals, families, professionals and communities impacted by Autism throughout the Western Cape region. The Organisation services include counselling and psycho-educational support, training, home support and distribution of resources.
Job Title: Administrator
Job Location: Cape Town
Purpose of the position is to be responsible for administrative tasks of the organisation and will represent the organisation on various platforms. The incumbent will also perform ad hoc duties as the Managing Director of the organisation requests.
- Handling the mail and ensuring the office stationary storage unit is well stocked.
- Inventory management of AWC products for sale
- Coordinate director’s diary/meeting booking
- Filing Organising and storing paperwork and computer-based information.
- Authorise booking of training venues
- Scheduling and attending meetings while also taking minutes.
- Processing staff’s travel and accommodation requirements.
- Petty cash, credit card and financial management
- compiling for DSD reports
- Arranging training for staff members
- Submission of supplier invoices
- HR management
- Organise AGM
- Assist with fundraising opportunities and write proposals/grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
- An administration or relevant qualification
- Sound knowledge of administration and financial planning
- Passion and commitment to the NGO sector
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector with admin specifically
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to perform a generalist function and assist the team with fundraising activities when needed
Candidates are to send a CV to [email protected], for further queries contact the Outreach and Education Manager on 064 683 3301
Application Deadline: Thursday, 4 July, 2019