Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others. As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until December 2020, Beyond Zero (BZ) is recruiting to fill the position of Liaison Officer for the Implementation of the Integrated School Health Policy (District Level) under the GF funding mechanism. This position will be reporting directly to GIZ.
Reporting to the Provincial Liaison Officer this position holder will work towards the implementation of the Integrated School Health Policy (ISHP) and plays a key role in connecting the district-level governmental departments involved: Department of Education, Department of Health and Department of Social Development.
Job Title: GFLiaison Officer
Location: Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (Port Elizabeth)
Salary: Market related
Anticipated start date: 1 April, 2019
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the establishment of the necessary institutional structures for the implementation of the Integrated School Health Policy (ISHP) at district level in, Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan
- Establishing and supporting District Task Teams (DTTs) responsible for the ISHP implementation
- Development of TORs determining roles, responsibilities and mandates for the DTTs
- Liaising with the district-level representatives of the Department of Education, Department of Health and Department of Social Development that are responsible for the ISHP implementation
- Supporting the establishment of a meeting, communication and working structure, and reporting lines of the ISHP DTTs with representatives of the mentioned departments.
- Serving as a first-point of contact and advisor for the DTTs, providing them with the necessary capacity development to undertake their tasks
- Advising on the drafting and continued application of a results-based monitoring system in the three target districts in close cooperation with the M&E focal point for the respective department
- Facilitating successful communication between stakeholders to ensure the improved service delivery across schools based on the ISHP
- Reporting to the province-level Liaison Officer for the Integrated School Health Policy
- Assessing further areas for capacity development in the governmental departments related to SRH, HIV/AIDS and school health
- Supporting the execution of capacity development workshops
- Monitoring, clearly documenting and evaluating implemented interventions of the programme’s cooperation on an ongoing basis
- Utilising results-based monitoring resources to adapt strategically to upcoming challenges
- Feeding lessons learned and gained knowledge into the GIZ and partner network (internal GIZ knowledge management)
- Following and amending their operational plan in close collaboration with partners from the respective departments and the programme manager, ensuring the programme’s necessary agility in service delivery
- Tertiary Education with a focus on HIV/AIDS/SRH or Public Health is desirable
- Background in social science
- Other qualifications in HIV/AIDS response/management or reproductive health
- At least 3 years of work experience in an advisory role at district-level Work experience in a multisectoral setting (specifically health, education and social development)
- Track record of results-based monitoring, the successful establishment of (communication) networks and health/social programme implementation
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Analytical, strategic and conceptual skills
- An existing network in the political sphere of at least one of the target districts is an asset
- Knowledge of Xhosa and the localities of Eastern Cape/Port Elizabeth is an asset
By applying for the above-mentioned position, applicants consent to qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of BZ recruitment process.
To Apply: cover letters, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 4 March, 2019 by close of business.