Posted on :
14 Sep, 2010
14 Sep, 2010
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we’re the company for you. Think Ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Hotazel Manganese Mines, based in the Kalahari we mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
Ensuring compliance with the BHP Billiton commitment to Zero Harm, you will be in possession of the qualifications, skills and experience listed below:
Execute the underground sectional production outputs at the safest and cost-effective way through managing a team.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Grade 12 plus an underground blasting certificate for Metalliferous mines
• Holder of a Shift Supervisor Certificate of Competency
• Intermediate or advanced SAP experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a Shift Supervisor
• Medically fit
• Trackless Mining experience will be an advantage
Key Performance Areas:
• Supervision of people reporting directly to you in a production section
• Any other task allocated to you to perform from your supervisor
• Achieve monthly targets
• Cost control
• Initiate and integrate production planning sessions with other mine departments, e.g. MRM, Engineering, etc.
• Manage feedback and execution of abovementioned planning to ensure production of quality ore at determined volumes
• Develop and implement continuous improvement techniques to enhance production functionality
• Compliance to Business Plan
Competencies: (some of the competencies)
• Advanced skills level in MS Packages (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Building and Maintaining Relationships
• Communication Skills
• Attention To Details
• Stress Management
• Action Orientation
• Cross Functional Awareness
• Objective Setting and Control
• Commercial Awareness
Please forward your CV (max 3 pages) to: mailto: [email protected] or fax to 053 742 2856. Applications close on 23 September 2010
“Appointments will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity Policy. Previously disadvantaged people are encouraged to apply”.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.