BHP Billiton is a global leader in the resources industry. Formed from a merger between BHP and Billiton, we bring together an exceptional mix of quality, low-cost resource assets, complemented by a strong management team determined to operate our assets in an efficient manner.
We have financial strength through our cashflow and balance sheet, a diversity of products and customers, as well as access to global capital markets and an enviable platform of growth opportunities.
Business / Project:
Full Time – Permanent
South Africa – Johannesburg
Key Role Accountabilities
- Role performance, including role authorities will be in accordance with accountabilities and responsibilities as outlined within the BHP Billiton and MinEx Way, including success through safety.
- Advising employees and HR representatives on HRIS (GSAP) system administration and usage.
- Representing MinEx as HRIS (GSAP) system key user for the EMEA region. Includes implementation of system changes, upgrades and integration and communication of process changes
- Establish and communicate required HRIS (GSAP) data management standards, nomenclature and protocols to meet MinEx and GLD requirements in conjunction with the HR Administrator (Singapore).
- Working with the HR Administrator (Singapore) to ensure consistency is maintained in relation to standards, nomenclature and protocols
- Coach and train HR representatives and internal users to maintain standards, nomenclature and protocols in the EMEA region.
- Establishing employees into GSAP (local employees and ‘incoming’ employees on international assignment) within the African region (regional and functional as applicable)
- Payroll liaison and establishment (local and IA Payroll and HR Services as applicable)
- Benefits administration
- Work with local / IA payroll administrator to make changes to the payroll in respect of starters and leavers, changes to and the renewal of contracts, holiday pay, maternity/paternity/adoption pay, bonus payments and any other personnel details
- Establish processes with regional programs for the development, maintenance and reporting of all individuals engaged at program level (including contractors and employees in temporary operations roles). Database to be maintained and updated at least weekly.
- Establish processes with regional offices programs for the tracking of all training completed in training records database for all individuals engaged at program level (including contractors, core employees and employees in temporary operations roles
- Entry of training data into the nominated MinEx training records database
- Managing the eroom and documentum file structure and standards and upload of internal HR information and data. Data to be managed in accordance with group and MinEx data management standards
- Coordinating compilation of the MinEx HR monthly report and employee data reporting including but not limited to headcount report, annual leave accruals, and GSAP data integrity, probation report.
- Facilitating and Coordinating employee relocation by liaising with external service providers and Payroll. (Perform the role of International Mobility team for Africa)
- In consultation with the HR Operations Specialist (Africa), prepare local contracts of employment, offer letters, mobility and other contractual paperwork as required against standard templates, ensuring consistency and compliance in their use
- Coordinate and verify that all regional employees undergo an appropriate induction and orientation in accordance with required standards in consultation with the HR Operations Specialist (Africa)
- Coordination of MinEx Training scheduling for the Africa region (eg. ILP , LST)
- Supporting the local Program HR support in providing training and tools to deliver against MinEx HR requirements.
- Maintaining accurate and timely data in GSAP with regard to the development, maintenance and reporting of all individuals engaged at program level (including contractors and employees in temporary operations roles). and reported and updated at least weekly as reflected in organisation charts
- Supporting in the development and annual review of Employee Handbook for regional MinEx core office locations
- Supporting the recruitment process for regional and program job vacancies within area of responsibility
- Supporting the reporting processes with regional offices and programs to ensure that all employees entering into a new country have the appropriate work permits in place.
- Supporting line managers in the preparation of performance scorecards and development plans for employees
- Supporting line managers in performance management processes
- Supporting the implementation of the MinEx Field Incentives and Recognition Program at regional level
- Support all Africa HR projects as requested by the HR Operations Specialist (Africa)
- Provide administrative support to the HR Operations Specialist (Africa)
- Must have extensive experience with a proven track in Human Resources administration
- Must be Highly proficient in SAP (SAP PA, OM, Payroll)
- Preference will be given to candidates with a relevant tertiary qualification i.e. 3 years HR related qualification
- An added advantage will be the ability to communicate in Spanish as this role has an international componen
How to Apply
To express interest, please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how you believe you meet the role requirements online at http://internaljobs.bhpbilliton.com by 15th December 2010. Enter ref 703297 to locate the position.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility. Our work environment is founded on a commitment to diversity and the principles embodied in our Company Charter.
26 Nov 2010 South Africa Standard Time
9 Dec 2010 5:00pm South Africa Standard Time
Click on this link:
then select Africa and apply