In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
BIOKINETICS AND SPORT SCIENCE DIVISION
INTERNSHIP (FOUR POSTS)
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The intern(s) will practice under the supervision of a qualified Biokineticist, which entails the evaluation and pre- and post-rehabilitation of the following conditions and providing them with excellent services:
- Orthopaedic conditions (pre- and post-operative);
- Sports injuries;
- Postural deviations;
- Muscle tone problems in children;
- Arthritis and chronic pain;
- Coronary heart disease and associated risk factors;
- Corporate testing, wellness days and talks;
- Pulmonary pathologies;
- Neurological evaluations;
- Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Epilepsy etc;
- Other special population pathologies;
- Cerebral Palsy, Fibromyalgia, Pregnancy, Obesity, Children etc;
- General health and wellness screenings;
- Medical aid testing and screening (Vitality, Momentum);
- Present hydrotherapy classes;
- Aerobic and fitness classes.
The intern(s) will assist with research and teaching, including:
- The collection of data for contract research;
- The collection of data for honours, masters and doctoral dissertations;
- The preparation and administering of the theoretical and practical training of the honours biokinetic students.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time, 12 month internship according to the rules and regulations of the HPCSA.
- Currently completing an honours degree in Biokinetics;
- First Aid Level 1 and 2.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language, communication and interpersonal skills;
- A positive client service attitude;
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- A high level of professional and ethical conduct;
- Ability to apply the latest knowledge in die field of Biokinetics;
- Ability to transfer the knowledge to students and to assist in practical training;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
Group Fitness Qualification and experience, as the candidate may be required to present classes.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW FULL INTERNSHIP