BSG (Africa) has an opportunity for a Commercial Coordinator in the Johannesburg office.
Main purpose of the Role:
- This role will entail coordinating all commercial contracts and processes to ensure a shared understanding of our position at any point in time with regards to revenue, contracts and potential contracts for existing or future clients, including main supplier agreements; terms and conditions; non-disclosure agreements; client take on; business opportunity and contact tracking; engagement; communication and administration.
- The Commercial Coordinator will support the Bus Dev Exec (client facing) by facilitating the commercial process, completing the initial drafts of the commercial documentation, coordinating the responses to tenders, liaising with the Risk/Compliance Officer on changes required to terms and conditions, compiling detailed / dashboard reporting for revenue / risk / contract progress / scorecard / project opportunity tracking etc., identifying and communicating potential commercial risks, proactively and effectively escalating commercial risks to the Bus Dev Exec, conducting research on potential new clients / legislative impacts to our existing clients and supporting the Bus Dev Exec in maintaining client account plans (planned strategic positioning within each client).
- Support function to the Business Development (Bus Dev) team, on compiling commercial contracts, support reviews with risk / compliance of changes to terms and conditions and to ensure that these are managed on behalf of Bus Dev (JHB Region). Further support will be drafting of commercial contracts / proposals / RFPs in collaboration with Bus Dev Exec and/or Delivery Teams, management of where contracts are in the approvals process.
- Matric and relevant tertiary education (B.Com)
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Good understanding of general business context
- Client relationship management
- Communication & motivational drivers
- Basic commercial management understanding
- Understanding of how to co-ordinate, manage and respond to the tender process
- Understanding of the end-to-end commercial process and awareness (identifying a prospect through to contracting)
- Understanding of legal documents that commercially bind the company from a resourcing, skills, rates, and delivery obligation perspective
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint – good skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes
- Basic detailed reporting and dashboard reporting on commercial, contract and financial risk management
Skills & Abilities:
- Good client liaison and relationship management skills, i.e. excellent communication and interpersonal skills, articulate, good telephone and face-to-face etiquette
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent time management & priority setting skills
- Ability to co-ordinate the RFI / RFP / Tender process with appropriate decision making
- Ability to draft initial commercial documents based on detail provided by Delivery and/or Bus Dev Exec
- Ability to compile business related communication, i.e. presentations, reports, documentation and detailed email communication
- Ability to respond to ad hoc requests to support Bus Dev team and Client Owners
- Proactive in terms of identifying and escalating / mitigating commercial risks
Key Performance Areas:
- Documentation – key focus on timeous and accurate commercial documentation preparation for JHB and CTN offices
- Reporting – key focus on timeous and accurate commercial, contractual and risk detailed and dashboard reporting
- Scheduling and organisation – ensure sufficient time is given to obtaining quality deliverables / outcomes within deadlines
- Administration – data is detailed and up-to-date on all internal systems
- Liaise with CTN and UK offices for inter-company contracts that impact JHB region
- Manage internal and external SLAs and escalate commercial impact for additional effort
- Manage annual SLA increase letters and contract renewals, approvals and communications to clients
- Identify and escalate bottlenecks in the commercial contracting process and mitigation plans / creative solutions to problem solving
- Facilitate the process for RFI / RFP / Tender responses in collaboration with Bus Dev Exec(s)
- Facilitate the client take-on process to ensure that key credit and risk checks have been completed before we begin work
- Screen cold leads that we receive to determine if we will proceed with them or terminate them
- Engage with delivery teams (consultants) to facilitate contract extensions and content provision where applicable
<< Click here to apply.