Posted on :
4 Nov, 2010
4 Nov, 2010
Business Connexion (BCX) is a black empowered integrator of innovative business solutions based on information and communications technology (ICT). We run mission-critical ICT systems and manage products, services and solutions for JSE listed and key public sector organisations, parastatals and medium-sized companies. Business Connexion (BCX) South Africa recruits Operations Manager
Reference Number: MJPC/21695
Job Title: Operations Analyst: Monitoring
Vacancy Category: Project Consultant
Business Area: Western Cape
Job Grade: CL
Reports to: Line Manager
Positions available: 1
Closing Date: 15/11/2010
Roles & outcomes:
– Receives and logs requests for support from help desk.
– Ensures that requests for assistance are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
– Ensures log entries of user contacts provide a corpus of knowledge for the resolution of subsequent faults and problems.
PL;EASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION!
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
Essential (must have):
• Computer And Information Literacy;
• Interpersonal Skills;
• Microsoft Office Product Suite;
• Telephone Etiquette;
• 1st line IT telephone support experience;
• Prior Server Monitoring experience.
Desirable (nice to have):
• Busy studying towards MCSE.
Education & experience required:
– Grade 12, NQF Level 4.
– 1 to 2 yrs relevant experience.
This vacancy and the subsequent shortlisting of applicants will be done in accordance to Business Connexion’s drive towards transformation and compliance in terms of the Employment Equity Act.