Our online store has everything you’ll need for outdoor pursuits – including hiking, camping, trail running, mountain biking, snow sports, travel and more!
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and go-getting Human Capital Intern to join our Human Capital team at Head Office.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment and the internship will cover a broad range of responsibilities, which will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Working closely with our Human Capital Business Partners (HCBP) to understand our Human Capital (HC) requirements
- Delivering timely and high quality recruitment services through ownership of the process and direct support to Leaders to ensure the placement of ideal candidates
- Organizing and administering communication with candidates for available positions in the company
- Managing and preparing for the onboarding and induction process of new team members
- Creating contracts and new starter packs for all new hires
- Administrating paperwork for existing permanent team members
- Completing HC Administration on HC system (SAGE)
- Liaising with the payroll team to ensure information is accurate for all team members
- Ensuring all team member data is up to date, including hire dates, salary info, organizational changes, reporting lines, sickness/absence
- Assisting the HC team with overall queries
- Liaising with HCBP’s to coordinate their meetings and interviews
- Managing relationships with Leaders and ensuring adherence to best practices and process
- Providing advice and guidance to Leaders on HC policies and practices
- Assisting team members with any HC-related queries.
- Resolving basic HC challenges
- Managing general administration of the HC function
- Preparing internal communications for the HC team