Cell C Johannesburg Vacancies
Job Title: Account Payable Manager
Functional Area: Finance
Contract Type: Permanent
Cell C (Pty) Ltd is an award-winning mobile network operator in South Africa, with more than 7 million customers. Cell C is committed to providing reliable voice and high speed data services with its advanced HSPA+ network. Cell C vision is to understand the way of life of its customers better than anybody else, and tailor solutions around them to enhance lifestyle and improve livelihoods. Cell C is also South Africa’s most empowered telecommunications company in terms of equity ownership.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure the correct performance of Account payables cycle for all the established companies of Cell C group. Ensure the first contact point with all suppliers of the group.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Account payables activities
- Review all reconciliation’s for accuracy and ensure that all reconciling items are explained.
- Perform control checks on Supplier reconciliations.
- Ensure suppliers are paid within payment terms, check for the validity, correctness and completeness of the transaction.
- Ensure that only properly authorized invoices are paid.
- Assist with supplier queries / disputes.
- Ensure that month-end payment deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all clearing accounts are cleared regularly.
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable Trial Balance agrees to the control account in the general ledger.
- Supervise the receipt and routing of all invoices received by the established companies of Cell C.
- Establish and deploy clear and simple rules for checking the incoming invoices and decide on their acceptance or rejection.
- Supervise the posting activities of all the invoices that are not routed to other department or rejected.
- Follow the rejections and escalates problematic invoices in order to solve the relevant problems
- Follow up the approval course of the invoices under responsibilities up to the payment authorization or the dispute with the supplier and related disclaim of the invoice
- Payment follow up where not automatically performed
- Reconciliation activities
- Receive the statements from the suppliers and ensure that are reconciled with Account payables on a quarterly base
- Verify the consistency of Account payables records with other documents provided by the ERP system where no statements exist.(un invoiced delivery, orders with overdue delivery dates…)
- Verify that all AR amount are correctly set off before perform payment run
- Manage and resolve monthly list of unaccounted invoices (delayed, disputed, rejected…)
- Accounting, Budget and Office Management.
- Decide on external rejection of all AP invoices of the group,
- Receive and respond to all queries of suppliers not resolved by the system and supervisors
- Collaborate together with the other managers and FAE to the management of the budget under responsibility
- Ensure the correct filing of all the documents under responsibility
- Staff Management.
- Participate with FAE to recruit employees; assign and direct work, oversee their development, identify training needs and maintain staff competence.
- Establish with Snr Manager: Finance & Accounting the Key Performance Indicators and evaluate them.
- Initiate the appropriate Labour Relation action required within section.
- Uphold HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure the respect of health and Safe work environment policies and instruction
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Process creation/maintenance
- Evaluate the need of official processes/procedures for the tasks under responsibility for implementation and maintenance.
- Assess yearly the adequacy of the written procedures/instructions with the need of the activity and eventually promote the updates on the system and enhanced automation of processes
- Promote the reallocation of work and the improvement of accounting methodologies with the collaboration of the other AP groups.
- Open Purchase order review
- Maintain robust governance for AP and internal control environment.
- Reconciliation reports
- Unaccounted transactions
- Commenting on variances on management report
- Implement, Update and maintain KPI dashboards and management reports
- Perform any other related duties as requested by Management.
Skills & Experience
- 10 years accounting experience
- 5 years’ experience in full Creditors function
- Experience in Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Educational Requirements
- Accounting degree
How to Apply for Cell C Johannesburg Vacancies:
Click on this link to apply online or on the Apply Now button below