Child Welfare Durban and district is the largest child welfare organisation in South Africa, caring for thousands of children within the Durban area.
Job Title: Social Worker for the Wentworth team
Job Location: South Africa
Salary: R 12 374.25
Duration: This is a fixed term contract of six months.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided
- Assessing and planning intervention processes for children and young people in consultation with the colleagues, family and/or relevant Departments
- In consultation with Managers ensuring that interventions and programs for children and young people are planned, implemented and reviewed in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies and codes of ethics/practice
- Consistently maintains the rights and dignity of the individual child or young person.
- Assist in drawing up budget estimates for specific projects, programmes and/or services and ensure that all expenditure is correctly authorised by Manager and Senior Manager is appropriate
- Experience in the social work field of child protection will preferable
- Commitment to transformation
- Knowledge of Child Protection Services
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation (Children’s Act)
- Unendorsed driver’s license
- Registration with SACSSP
- No criminal record
- Computer skills
Submit in writing, include three contactable references, and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 10 July, 2019