Clowns Without Borders South Africa (CWBSA) is international organisation dedicated to improving the psychosocial condition of children, families, and communities in areas of crisis through laughter and play.
CWBSA also seeks to raise our society’s awareness of conditions in these areas.
Job Title: Administrator
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience
Start date: 14 January 2019
Duration: One-year full-time contract renewable subject to performance and funding
Report to: Programme Director
The purpose of the Administrator is to support general day-to-day programme and organisational administration and communication.
- Oversee the front office and day to day office management
- Support programme administration through travel bookings, courier services, visas, accommodation, and/or tendering process
- Develop and maintain appropriate procedures, systems and records to ensure the efficient and effective running of projects and overall administration
- Provide general administrative support to independent contractors and artists
- Responsible for office inventory and ensure all assets are in working order
- Manage petty cash, receipts and monthly financial reporting
- Manage documentation and filing system
- Responsible for minutes and reports from internal meetings
- Maintain and update social media, website and databases
- Ensure visual content is taken during performances/trainings
- Support communication with independent contractors, artists, donors and partners
- Diploma in Administration or similar qualification preferred
- Previous experience in office management and administration.
- Commitment to the nonprofit sector
- Communication, presentation, and written skills in English.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to maintain multiple projects
- Intercultural skills and experience working with diverse cultures both within SA and internationally
- Must have a permit to work in South Africa
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software, internet-based applications and required social media sites
To apply, submit a written sample along with a resume and personal statement in the form of a cover letter describing in detail how you meet the skills and qualifications to Ms Suzan Eriksson – [email protected]. Indicate in the subject line: “Administrator”.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CWBSA reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2018