DITSELA is the Development Institute for Training, Support and Education for Labour. It was established in 1996 by the main trade union federations in South Africa, to help build a strong trade union movement.
DITSELA is a section 21, not for profit organisation, core funded by the Department of Labour through its Strengthening the Civil Society Fund. It also receives limited programme specific funding from the ETDP Seta and other funders.
DITSELA has full time staff members of 17, of which fifteen are in the National office in Johannesburg and two based in the Western Cape office, in Bellville.
The Institute seeks to urgently fill the post of Research Intern that is based at its Head Office in the Johannesburg CBD.
- To undertake research associated with the development and implementation of new Ditsela programmes and/or research in the areas of (i) Qualification and curriculum content development and material and (ii) Develop and Assess Learning and (iii) community care workers and labour dynamics, as well as research that is relevant to the Ditsela constituencies
- To ensure the facilitation of high quality research within the overall remit of the Ditsela overall strategy
- Assist in aligning existing Ditsela’s education and learning materials to standards of accredited learning programmes in trade union education ( also looking at non formal education)
- Participate in designing and developing of quality education materials
- Project manage various phases of the Ditsela’s course development life cycle including needs analysis, requirements gathering, course development, course and evaluation.
- Designing and applying appropriate assessment, moderation and verificationtools
- Developing , implementing, Monitoring and Evaluation systems in all areas
- In collaboration with programme team coordinate the work of Junior researchers
Requirements and Competencies
- Masters in Social Science, Education, labour relations or any related field
- Ability to lead a project – (planning, coordination, communication and delegation skills are essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work with stakeholders from training institutions, programme staff and labour movement
- Ability to function in a team
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work with diversity
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Applicants must submit their CV & Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 24 March 2017