TEARS Animal Rescue (The Emma Animal Rescue Society) is one of the country’s leading organisations in the areas of animal rescue, veterinary services, and the rehabilitation and rehoming of rescued domestic animals.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the General Manager is to provide strategic direction for the organisation and leadership to the Operations Team as they work to meet the challenges of achieving the organisational priorities. At the same time, the General Manager will be responsible for creating sustainable income and ensure increased investment in TEARS.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for TEARS
- Direct the organisation effectively, toward the successful achievement of its strategy
- Responsibility for the control and reduction of operational costs, and the increase in income, for continued sustainability, and according to agreed targets
- Lead the creation of an institutional culture conducive to achieving TEARS vision, our collective approach to wellbeing, empowerment and sense of urgency and pride
- Maintain an effective operational structure with supporting policies and procedures, to ensure the smooth functioning of all sections of the organisation
- Overall responsibility for the financial management of TEARS
- Manage the operational team
- Raise funds for TEARS and managing donor relationships
- Ensure governance, compliance and consistency with all TEARS policies and procedures
- Represent TEARS in a variety of forums, including in engagements with the media, government, the private sector, civil society, TEARS clients, and international and regional institutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary education in Business Administration with five years’ relevant experience
- Proven track record in the overall management of an NPO (preferably in the animal welfare sector)
- Sound knowledge of the legislative requirements of running an NPO, inter alia Funding, Leasing of property, Labour legislation and reports, Tax and Finance
- Experience in mobilising funds from institutional/corp and other donors
- Ability to create and implement systems to increase efficiency and facilitate processes in resource management
- Organised, with an ability to meet short and long-term responsibilities
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and execute with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Emotionally stable and resilient
- Strategic thinker, people oriented, organised, able to multitask, strong in process management and a skilled communicator
- Experience in business and people management, finance and governance best practices is essential
To apply, submit cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to [email protected] include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email
No telephone inquiries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2018