Flourish is a social franchise of mom & baby groups, supported by the Grow Great Campaign, a campaign aimed at galvanising South Africa towards achieving zero stunting by 2030. Flourish seeks to provide universal access to aspirational antenatal and postnatal groups that supports and empowers pregnant mothers and their babies through the critical first 1000 days (from conception to the child’s second birthday).
Children who receive enough love, food and stimulation during this period of life tend to do better at school and get better jobs as a result. But often parents do not get enough support and information when they are pregnant or when the baby is very young. Flourish seeks to fill this gap by offering antenatal and postnatal support through groups.
Job Title: Coach
Location: South Africa
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic, self-starters and highly motivated Flourish Coaches to train, support and quality assure our franchisee network. Coaches will be required to travel extensively across the country, will often work on weekends and will require a driver’s license.
- To support Flourish franchisees and inspire a wider sense of belonging and loyalty to the franchisee network.
- To recruit and train franchisees and provide ongoing development of the franchisees through coaching and quality assurance processes.
- To drive and monitor quality improvement among franchisees and franchisee clubs.
- Ensure the effective use of resources by Flourish franchisees
- Assist with Flourish Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support Flourish logistics
- Stakeholder engagement and management in communities where franchisees operate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary level qualification is essential, preferably in psychology, social work, business administration or communications.
- At least one year’s experience in any of the following fields: coaching, mentoring, training, facilitation or teaching.
- Driver’s license is essential.
- Knowledge or experience in community work across South Africa.
- Experience in the non-profit and/or development sector is preferable.
- Excellent administrative skills, including the ability to fulfil reporting, budgeting and other requirements.
- Strong networking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, relatable and non-judgemental.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial, creative and an outside the box thinker.
- Ability to maintain effective quality assurance systems, and to collect and manage qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to manage, motivate and facilitate personal and professional development in a supportive way.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, be flexible and take initiative.
- Passionate about issues of women and children;
- Respectful, supportive, inclusive, empathetic and encouraging
- Highly proactive with good self-leadership;
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- A skilled communicator with high levels of emotional intelligence;
- Geared towards working in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams
Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to: Thabang Mametse ([email protected])
NB: Indicate the position title in the subject line
Application Deadline: Sunday, 18 August, 2019