Posted on :
2 Sep, 2020
2 Sep, 2020
We first started our journey in 1996 as Eduloan and our universe has since expanded into Fundi. Fundi has re-imagined the way learners and parents engage with learning institutions, merchants, and retailers. We have constantly identified and implemented innovations and technology solutions that make student life much easier.
We’re urgently looking for a Product Development Specialist to sit within our New Business and Initiatives team at our Head office, ensuring that business value is maximised, and all products are performing optimally.
Job Title: Product Development Specialist – Flagships
Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference: # PDS001
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
This role is responsible for providing the necessary technical expertise and support for all current flagship products in the business portfolios. The Product Development Specialist is largely responsible for ensuring that the allocated products perform in line with Fundi’s product strategy. The incumbent is responsible for the ongoing product performance review so that he/she can initiate and propose any requisite enhancements and/or improvement of the product. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that each product has the key ingredients which will enable it to perform optimally and to give the company the anticipated ROI for each financial year.
1. Perform an ongoing analysis and review of product designs, quality, and performance
2. Take lead in designing product enhancement, improvement, and renewal plans in the quest to making the products to be competitive and aligned to industry and customer requirements
3. Act as a product owner for all flagship products
4. Devise and manage pricing strategies at product level with due consideration of governance and compliance frameworks as well as market trends including analysis regarding settlement risks, credit, and capital consumption
5. Drive process improvements to streamline data collection and report generation.
6. Provide technical product support to the sales
7. Be people oriented and have leadership skills
•3 – 5 years job-related experience
•Experience in financial services industry will be an added advantage
•Experience working within credit/insurance/lending products
•Proven track record in analysing and reviewing product performance/viability
•Must have a 3-year relevant commercial degree
NB – If you don’t hear from us in the next 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful
Application Deadline: 30/09/2020