Habitat for Humanity South Africa is nonprofit organisation breaking the cycle of poverty through participatory development, advocacy and awareness.
Job Title: Design and Communications Intern
Job Location: Pinelands, Western Cape.
The purpose of the position is to create awareness and promotes HFHSA’s brand and its activities to diverse stakeholders around the world. Communicates issues dealt with by the organisation in order to drive change in the public domain.
Webpage and Social media
- Write and publish action-focused content for social media, email marketing, web and other online channels
- Plan entries, update and develop blog with programme and fundraising staff
- Monitor key online supporter engagement and use that insight to improve the online experience
Media, Communications and publications
- Prepare press statements in conjunction with RDC Manager
- Monitor press daily for articles broadly relevant to housing and HFHSA for reporting purposes
- Maintain database of media contacts for the distribution of publications (and hardcopy)
- Publicise HFHSA events and activities in the media and community at large
Branding and digital equipment stewardship
- Ensure adherence to HFHSA branding guidelines by all staff members
- Plan, develop and direct marketing efforts to increase the value and performance of our specific brand services or products
- Ensure the safeguarding of digital equipment
Build Events support
- Invite media and ensure great experience during build events by arranging interviews with the right people and deal with queries
- Actively support participate in the planning and execution of Build events
Monitoring and Reporting
- Write reports for GMT, SIFT, Board and other departmental report
- Monitor effectiveness of our media actions
- Ensure that marketing and fundraising databases are kept up to date number of contacts increased regularly
- Conduct data analysis and produce reporting monthly through Google Analytics to increase effectiveness of fundraising
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Ability to plan and develop materials for websites and social media
- Demonstrate interest in using digital technologies, using email marketing tools
- Demonstrate a potential to handle stakeholder relations management
- Alignment with and commitment to model and articulate Habitat’s Core Values
- Willingness to uphold Christian principles of HFHSA
- Enthusiastic commitment to Habitat International vision, mission, purposes, goals including leading Habitat’s God at the Centre’ process
- Knowledge of digital marketing and fundraising
- Knowledge of design
- Proficiencies in spreadsheet, networking and database management
To apply, submit CV with contactable references as a PDF and covering letter describing why you are the best candidate for the position and why you want this opportunity to [email protected]
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us within a month after the closing date.
Application Deadline: 19th October, 2018