Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
(2) x Social Workers (Ekurhuleni & Johannesburg Districts) Employment type:contract
Duration: 9 Months
The incumbent will be responsible for rendering Mental health and psychosocial support services to patients and workers on management and prevention of TB and COVID-19. He/she will be part of the multisectoral case management team at supported facilities/sites.
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Ensuring that patients with COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Conducting psychosocial Assessments of patients, clinical and non-clinical health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Providing psycho-social support, including supportive debriefing and counselling to patients and workers (clinical and non-clinical
- Trauma debriefing (including bereavement counselling)
- Facilitating Trainings on COVID-19, TB and psychosocial support
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on COVID-19 and TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures.
- Linking patients to external service providers when necessary (e.g. quarantine sites, Department of Social Development)
- Liaising with community networks and partners
- Compilation of reports
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Proof of registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the public health sector/clinical social work service delivery.
- Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in working directly with persons who have chronic health conditions.
- Proven experience in all primary social work methods.
- Experience of working in high-risk communities
- Fluency in English and at least one local languages.
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Computer literacy.
- A Driver’s License is a necessity.
Suitable candidates to send applications at: [email protected]
Please Note: All applicants must indicate the position they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 28 October, 2020
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified