Location: South Africa
- The following position has become available within Key Accounts Department.
- This position will be based at our Western Cape region, reporting to the National Manager Key Accounts.
Number of Openings: 1
Place of Work:
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Develop, propose and implement Key Account specific strategies and activities in line with overall PMSA Key Account strategy aimed to secure PMSA sales volume growth and merchandising position in terms of availability, visibility, brand building and pricing.
Continually follow up with various functions within the organization to ensure the successful implementation of the strategy. Develop and sustain positive business relationships that result in PMSA being seen as a valued business partner, ultimately resulting in business building opportunities. Continually explore opportunities to enhance Philip Morris relevance in Key Account Channel and ensure that all brands are correctly listed and arranged in line with the channel needs, consumer type and brands intrinsic.
- Develop and implement an account plan for each account managed; continually monitoring results and proposing adjustments where necessary.
- On an ongoing basis analyse trade intelligence, including sales data, to identify threats and opportunities for each account, proposing adjustments to the strategy where necessary.
- Develop and sustain positive business relationships with key stake holders in each Key Account, identifying key business drivers for the customer’s cigarette and OTP category and providing regular reporting to the account.
- Develop and ensure utilisation of a budget in line with overall Key Account trade channel strategy. Continually track investment against objectives and propose adjustment to planned expenditure when necessary.
- Ensure that all relevant departments internally are informed on a timely basis with regard to developments and / or execution of account plans in order to secure on time support where necessary and / or enable Management to adjust the sales plans as required.
- Resolve all issues raised by the field sales force on a timely basis, ensuring the relative stakeholders are incorporated in order to minimize the risk of the same issues reoccurring for each account managed.
- Manage account holistically, driving operational performance through continuous consultation with Commercial functions, always ensuring, that executional levels are very high, cycle implementation is timeous and that specialised trade programs are effective.
- Manage the operational ability and performance of 3rd party merchandiser within the Grocery channel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in FMCG sector
- Working knowledge / experience of dealing with:Key Accounts Corporate framework (legislation; policies & procedures etc.)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Action Oriented
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Drive for Results
- Motivating Others
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
Job ID ZA-02173