people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research and Systems.
We are focused on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
The following positions have become available as part of the Health System Division projects.
Job Functions Counselling
YOUR JOB WILL BE TO:
- HIV Counselling and Testing and Adherence Counselling
- Support facilities for HIV Counselling and Testing and counseling of TB patients. This includes conducting HCT in the communities.
- Conduct health education or talk on HIV and AIDS and TB.
- Conduct pre-test counseling including sexual risk assessment and counseling. Obtain patients’ consent.
- Conduct rapid HIV testing and screen patients for TB using symptoms.
- Conduct post-test counseling and any follow-up counseling as required by patients to accept and deal with their status.
- Refer patients appropriately including for ART and Pre-ART, TB investigation, psychosocial support, support groups (I-ACT).
- Ensure proper collection of data and completion of required information including demographic and patients’ results.
- Prepare patients for ART initiation.
- Counsel patients on adherence to ART and TB treatments.
- Educate patients on ART and TB drugs.
- Conduct follow up adherence counseling to non-adherent patients.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Basic Counselling certificate
- HIV testing certificate
- Experience in Paediatric counselling will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge on HIV and AIDS and TB.
- Basic Counselling Skills will be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license and basic computer literacy will be an advantage
Salary: Market Related
Job Closing Date: 13/04/2018
CLICK HERE TO APPLY