Motus Aftermarket Parts (MAP) trades in the replacement automotive parts industry, marketing and distributing quality automotive parts or components, DIY, DIFM (do-it-for-me) and leisure travel products. It distributes all leading OE (Original Equipment) brands as genuine replacement parts and offers the customer the option of guaranteed, quality brands.
Job Title: Branch Administrator
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Sectors: Automotive, Management
MAP Retail is searching for a Branch Administrator to join the team in Afinta-Alert Direct in Krugersdorp. The purpose of this role is to acquire a good general understanding of all standard accounting and administrative functions performed at the branch also supervising and controlling the branch administrative and accounting team to ensure that all branch assets are safeguarded and correctly accounted for.
- Matric with
- Financial Degree or currently studying in the financial field- Essential
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar field
- Extensive and appropriate bookkeeping and administrative experience in a corporate environment that includes a branch or divisional network.
- A strong accounting background with a full grasp of all fundamental accounting concepts.
- Extensive working knowledge and hands on experience in all aspects of accounting and administrative including all accounting functions up to trial balance.
- A full understanding of the workings of all general ledger control accounts and the ability and experience to administer and reconcile them.
- An enquiring mind that ensures an understanding of the full accounting cycle.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of both the debtors and creditors ledger.
- Extremely organized and disciplined approach to daily accounting tasks and administration
- The ability to supervise subordinates and to delegate tasks where necessary in order to ensure the achievement of tight monthly deadlines.
- Ability to liaise with banks and the confidence to resolve problems with banking staff.
- Comfortable with computerized ledgers and a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be willing to work in a team as well on your own
- An honest and trustworthy individual willing & able to work with large amounts of cash each day
- Ability to liaise and work with admin staff in different branches around the country
- Clear ITC & Criminal
Key Performance Indicators includes, but not limited to.
- The accurate and complete receipting of all cash, COD, and credit sales.
- The safeguarding of all cash and the daily banking of all proceeds received from customers. This includes ensuring that all daily receipts of cash, cheques, electronic transfers, and credit card payments are completely and accurately recorded and fully banked daily. All receipts, without exception must be banked on the next business day and must never be carried over to the following day.
- The supervision and maintenance of the branch creditor’s ledger that includes the checking and capturing of creditor invoices for accuracy and validity, the timeous authorization and approval of all creditor payments.
- Ensure that all sundry (non- trading stock) purchases are correctly authorized, are fully received and are timeously paid.
- The management of the branch debtor’s ledger. This includes the timeous receipt of customer payments, the accurate and timely updating of all debtor and COD accounts, the recovery of overdue amounts, the control of customer credit limits and the opening of new account, the appropriate issuing of letters of demand and handing over of outstanding debts to attorneys when appropriate. You must always be aware of the importance of maintaining cordial and professional relationships with the company’s customers
- The immediate recording and follow up of all RD and unpaid cheques
- Accounting for and safeguarding petty cash.
- The consistent supervision, maintenance, and enforcement of all branch’s internal controls. It is the administrator’s responsibility to ensure that they are aware of and understands all the company’s standard internal control processes and ensures that the branch consistently and correctly applies these procedures in all areas of business including sales, warehousing, and distribution. All branches must be in possession of the company’s official internal control manual and the branch administrator and relevant staff must be familiar with and fully understand all the processes and controls described therein and must ensure that all required controls are adequately enforced at the branch.
- Ensure that strict and appropriate divisions of duties between persons controlling and recording the company’s assets are maintained. You must give particular attention to ensuring the separation of duties between the receiving and the recording of all cash receipts and must ensure that controls are in place that ensure that the opportunity to roll cash takings are tightly controlled.
- The application of all head office accounting requirements including the achievement of group reporting deadlines.
- Building relationships with the branch accounting and administration team which will include training of your staff to ensure that they are adequately equipped to perform the functions expected of them.
- Ensure that your team is adequately staffed to enable the branch to perform at the levels expected of them.
- The ordering, recording, and safeguarding of all stationery including company cheques and invoices.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the local office of the Motor Vehicle Bargaining Council (MIBCO) while ensuring that all monthly staff contributions to MIBCO are paid timeously and accurately.
- As a member of the branch management team, you will be expected to work closely with the branch manager and ensure that you fully support his efforts to maximize the branch’s performance.
- Also expected to perform regular test checks on all internal control processes to ensure that they are operating optimally and will be asked to perform various ad hoc tasks, including investigations into breaches of controls when necessary.
- Build an efficient and professional working relationship with Alert head office and ensuring that you investigate and resolve all queries timeously and professionally.
- Continual review of branch general ledger accounts and monthly review of expenses and investigation of variances and unusual items.
- Preparation of the branch annual budget and review of actual branch performance against budget.
- Review and maintenance of all branch control accounts.
- Calculation and preparation of all month end accrual journals.
- Various ad hoc investigations and accounting tasks.
Application Deadline: September 29 2023
At Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal
Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful