We provide professional assistance to our clients enabling them to manage and foster human achievement whilst continually increasing the performance benefits of successfully growing a dynamic workforce.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: North West
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Sectors: Human Resources
An industry leader in the mechanical/ glider manufacturing sector, based in Potchefstroom, North-West is recruiting for an experienced and skilled Human Resources Officer
The successful incumbent must possess at least three (3) years’ experience in an HR role.
- A relevant Human Resources Management qualification will be beneficial
- Matric certificate or similar NQF level
- Valid driving license code 08 and own transport will be advantageous
- Provide overall HR support to the Team
- Ensure Legislative compliance to all relevant employment legislation
- Co-ordination of meetings
- Co-ordinate employee benefits, ensure new employees are registered on medical aid, retirement funding and provide benefit updates to employees
- Guide and support line managers with HR practices and processes
- Implementation of HR initiatives and projects into the business as and when required
- Complete all daily requirements as well as any other reasonable tasks and duties as assigned by management to meet the objectives of the business
- Day-to-day administrative duties within the HR department
- Preparing and maintaining various monthly HR reports for statistical and management purposes
- Liaising with trade union(s) and labour consultants
- Assist and guide managers on implementing and interpreting company Policies and Procedures;
- Manage Leave applications and balances
- Monitor staff performance
- Signing of all employment contracts, and to ensure is up to date.
- Maintaining human resources movement records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Administering local and international student appointments, contracts and contract renewals.
- Custodian of all Wellness programs and team building exercises.
- Arranging baseline medical examinations and schedule follow up on following examinations.
- Administering payroll entries through compilation of working hours, overtime, authorised absence, unauthorised absence and reconcile all information before it is sent to the HRM.
- Monitoring unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation as required by Department of Labour.
- Administering IOD’s in terms of COIDA and company internal policies.
- Arrangement and administration of disciplinary enquiries and other IR activities
- Maintain HR and disciplinary DB
- Advertise vacancies on approved platforms AAWR
- Receive and collate applications for vacant positions, arrange interviews, psychometric evaluations, regret unsuccessful applicants and commence on-boarding procedures with successful candidates. AAWR
Inherent requirements for the position
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- A strong commitment towards production and the management of people
- Good problem-solving skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to delegate tasks to subordinates
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and logical
- Achievement driven
- Assertive and stress handling and coping capability
- Commercial awareness
- Computer skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Compliance and detail oriented
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong HR acumen
Application Deadline: September 22 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to undergo psychometric testing and background screening. Applicants who fulfil the above mentioned requirements are invited to apply for the position by following the link:
and registering your application on-line. Applications which are done by means of email or fax will not be considered.
For more information, an email may be sent email@example.com