Posted on :
21 Mar, 2016
21 Mar, 2016
Murray & Roberts Power & Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Communications Officer for Kusile Project reporting to the Operations Director. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
· NQF 7
· Degree level qualification or equivalent preferably in a Communications related subject
· At least 2 years of experience working in the field of communications and ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of communications activities
· Proven and demonstrable experience working with a wide range of media
· Proven and demonstrable experience producing and editing publications
· Experience managing budgets
· An understanding of South Africa’s Labour Environment
· Project Management experience
· Experience writing in different formats for diverse audiences
· Computer literacy
o Advanced MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel (strongly required)
o Content Management Systems (an advantage)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
An enthusiastic and innovative person required to fill the role of a Communication Specialist. They will be responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of the company’s Communications strategy with a specific focus on high performing teams and two way line driven communication. A key aspect of the role is to work closely with the Employee Relations Specialist to support the implementation and longevity the Company’s Employee Relations Operating Model.
· Support, implement and continuous update company Communications strategy which enables effective multi-level communication, in compliance with communication requirements, including engagement structures specified in the labour agreements
· Implement and report on progress of Communications strategy on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
· Manage the production of internal communications publications and materials, including: Supervisor’s Briefs, Employees Briefs, Newsletter, etc.
· Plan and arrange communication forums including Town Halls, Staff Forums, etc.
· Support and monitor Strategic Drivers reporting structures for all platforms and depatments
· Support and monitor Union-Management Engagement meetings
· Responsible for the communications function in strategic projects
· Stakeholder management
· Assist with other ad hoc Communication projects
· Assist with Communication training when the need arises
· Conduct a quarterly survey and adapt Communication Strategy Development
· Vibrant and innovative
· Appropriate evaluation and feedback
· Appropriate judgement and problem solving
· Excellent English writing ability
· Meticulous and accurate work
· Organisational skills
· Decision making
· Team work
· Planning and organisation skills
Please note that:
1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Power and Energy reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY