To Lead and Manage a Unit through effective Risk/Compliance, Finance, Human Resource and Process Management and to identify analyse and diagnosing internal and external client needs, providing them with advice and support to ensure ultimate client satisfaction and ensure that the unit can function at optimal levels of efficiency, ultimate achieve overall business objectives as set out in the Business Plan.
Key Performance Areas:
Budget, Expense and Risk Management:
- Manage own and unit’s daily work activities;
- Effectively manage expense accounts for branch;
- Implement and monitor of all agreed processes;
- Implement proper controls in terms off all compliance requirements (inclusive of regulatory & statutory);
- Implement process controls are in place to minimise risk;
- Manage financial controls ensuring no losses, fraud or interest claims;
- Implement cost reduction initiatives where possible;
- Continuously seek opportunities to increase Nedbank’s market share.
Business Process maintenance / enhancement:
- Implement and maintain processes on the beginning-to- end customer experience;
- Continuously enhance business enabling processes to facilitate customer requirements;
- Implement and adhere to all laid down processes pertaining to client, product and business specification;
- Ensure all staff are trained and competent to apply optimal productivity levels;
- Maintain a clean audit record in areas of responsibility;
- Provide various MI reports to stakeholders on a monthly basis;
- Verify staff numbers for monthly headcount sign-off;
- Ensure that all transactional and ops processes pertaining to area of responsibility are process mapped, reviewed and implemented;
- Ensure operational control, risk management, systems and compliance processes are in place and effective. Ensure vendors are managed for optimal efficiencies and according to agreed SLA’s.
Professional Client relationship maintenance:
Implement a professional customer interfacing environment;
Communicate effectively and professionally with clients and colleagues;
Action and Report all deviations from agreed Service Level Agreements;
Implement a framework for Professional and efficient Customer requirement execution and feedback;
Monitor and action all complaints / compliments receive;
Respond to all escalated client queries appropriately;
Ensure customer focused culture without compromising risk controls;
Ensure effective execution of all queries from clients to their satisfaction;
Actively participation in establishing a direct client relationship with internal and external clients.
- Drive and live company values and deep green aspirations;
- Ensure a high performance culture within area of responsibility Ensure that development gaps are identified and discussed with individuals;
- Ensure that there is Reward and recognition for exceptional performance;
- Ensure that key staff has a Mentor and Coach programme to optimise performance / productivity;
- Ensure continuous career discussions; Ensure effective and realistic succession plan in place for area of responsibility;.
- Manage all people issues promptly and in a professional manner in line with company values;
- Ensure that the correct people are place in the correct position as to ensure job satisfaction.
- Effectively manage staff performance.
- Improve Staff morale and excitement.
- Ensure that Exit Interviews are conduced, analyse all exit interviews and propose corrective action where possible.
Relevant Degree / Banking Diploma
Job Related Experience:
3-5 Years business related experience in Manager role
3-5 Years general banking experience
|Communication Skills (Verbal&written)
|Business / Operations Knowledge
|Foreign Trade Industry Knowledge
|Regulatory requirements and Legislation
|Process and policies Knowledge
|Performance Management Process
|Building Cross Functional Relationships
Required Industry Acumen:
Intensive General Banking Knowledge
Number Of People Reporting Directly Into Job: 5
As set by Group Compliance, Risk and Industry.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Nedbank’s policies.
How to apply: