Posted on :
11 Nov, 2014
11 Nov, 2014
PARLIAMENTARY COMMUNICATION SERVICES
PRINCIPAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER (2 POSTS) (REF: LC/3452/2014)RIN
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing consistent and ongoing Committee strategic communication support.
Key performance areas include:
• Media management and networking
• Media relations/response
• Media monitoring and analysis
• Communication content and development and dissemination
• Information gathering
• Content development.
• Grade 12
• NQF level 4 and
• B Degree plus 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of the administrative, executive and legislative processes at Parliament
• Internet research capability
• Knowledge and understanding of protocol management
• Knowledge of the legislative framework
• A demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Knowledge and understanding of the prevailing social-political issues in South Africa
• Knowledge and understanding of sensitivities within a political environment
• Journalism skills
• Knowledge of the principles and objectives of media communication and public information programmes • Knowledge and understanding of methods and practices of researching, composing and editing information material
• Knowledge and understanding of the media environment.
Remuneration comprises of a cost-to-company package, which incorporates all the large-company benefits. The Parliamentary Services Administration promotes and applies the principles of affirmative action and equal opportunity. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance contract.
Forward your covering letter and CV (not Z83), containing full personal and career details, certified copies of qualifications and ID and three contactable employment referees, to Email address (quoting the post title and reference number in the subject line).
PLEASE NOTE: The name and reference number of the post/s applied for must always be clearly indicated in all correspondence. Candidates, who do not submit the supporting documentation as requested, will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a positive security clearance by the South African. Police Services and /or National Intelligence Agency (NIA), citizenship and qualification checks and competency-based assessments.
Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment.
If you do not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.
How to Apply
Apply online before 03/12/2014.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.