Posted on :
16 Feb, 2023
16 Feb, 2023
Job Title: IT Executive
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The IT Platform Owner is responsible for creating roadmaps and continual improvement plans for
this platform. This role will provide subject matter expertise, and custodianship of the integrity and
sustainability of the platform and all the application domains belonging within it. This responsibility
spans from early concept to market and subsequent optimization stages of the platform. The
Platform Owner directs Platform Engineering within the platform ensuring business fit and nonfunctional elements of platform implementation are effective and up to required standards. This role
plays a key role in Defect / Incident resolution and is equipped to mitigate significant and sustained
impact to the business.
What will you do?
• Provide leadership and guidance to development and operations teams to ensure agreed
availability, supportability, and operational capability for all applications in the company
• Manage service across platforms, multiple channels and services to ensure service
availability, performance and process maturity.
• Proactively identify platform enhancements (including non-functional), lead business case
approval process, facilitate communication of roadmaps and ensure stakeholder
• Build and maintain a relationship network with internal and external key stakeholders.
• Define, drive and adhere to adoption of platform principles / standards / governance.
• Maintain an understanding of the current and emerging company strategy, business plans
that the platform needs to enable.
• Share knowledge and expertise to support business and IT change.
• Contribute to concept documents / business cases / ROI proposals in relation to
• Review and approve estimation and impact assessment activities to support capacity and
capability planning as well as key system documentation.
• Define target IT Operations model, drive transformation to reach the target and govern
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Information System / Computer Science / Engineering
• Software development background
• At least 10 years of enterprise level software delivery experience
• At least 5 years of experience in managing agile delivery teams
• At least 5 year of experience in managing operations
• Financial Services experience is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
• Vast experience in IT delivery and operations management
• Working knowledge of software engineering best practices and frameworks
• Strong knowledge of software methodologies, tools and processes
• Strong knowledge of IT service management and ITIL practices
• Technical background and willingness to work agnostically
• Stakeholder management experience
• Strong decision-making capability
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Ability to align with Company/Business strategy
• Systems thinking
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Flexible and Adaptable – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult
• Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
• Manages Complexity – Demonstrating the ability and proven record to make complex
• Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritising work to meet commitments aligned to
• Cultivates Innovation – Contributing through others
• Customer focus – Contributing through others
• Drives results – Contributing through others
• Collaborates – Contributing through others
• Being resilient – Contributing through othe