Rata Social Services NPC is a registered Faith-Based NPO as well as CPO (Child Protection organization) and our main focus is the protection of children against all forms of abuse through statutory intervention. The NPO also implements community development projects in vulnerable communities.
Rata Head office has a vacancy for an Accountant / Bookkeeper to effectively execute the tasks of financial management and control within the organization.
Job Title: Accountant / Bookkeeper
Location: Rata Head Office
- Accounting experience
- 3 years’ experience working in a financial department
- Accounting degree or Bookkeeping certificate preferred
- Sage Pastel experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Valid drivers’ license
- Bilingual: to serve the specific communities that we are responsible for, applicants have to be fluent in English and Afrikaans at a minimum of advanced intermediate level (this will be tested)
- To ensure effective financial management and control within the organization
- To compile financial statements and report to relevant stakeholders with the aim to comply with SLA and statutory requirements
- To promote financial sustainability of the organization
- To provide timeous and accurate input into financial and technology decision making to limit financial risk.
- To perform timeous and accurate payments to limit financial risk and protect Rata’s business reputation.
- To perform timeous and accurate cash management, as well as overseeing petty cash management to ensure compliance with policies and ongoing financial management.
- To timeously and accurately compile all relevant budgets at organizational and DSD levels to ensure effective financial management and cash flow, as well as compliance with the DSD requirements to remain in business.
- To timeously and accurately compile monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual financial statements to ensure good financial management, compliance and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- To prepare documentation for external audit requirements and to liaise with external auditor to comply with statutory requirements.
- To develop and update relevant financial policies, procedures and processes, oversee the implementation thereof, audit control compliance and perform general audits to ensure effective management accounting.
Key behavioural competencies and strengths:
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Deciding and initiating action
- Applying technological expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Building positive relationships with management team, funders and service providers
- Coping with pressure and effective dealing with challenges and setbacks
- Writing and reporting
- Enforcing financial instructions, policies and procedures
Salary is determined according to experience and skills set.
Please visit our website at www.rata.org.za at ‘CAREERS’ and complete the application form. Applications not adhering to the above minimum requirements will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 21 October, 2020
NB: If you do not receive feedback by 25 October 2020, please accept that your application was unsuccessful