Posted on :
12 Mar, 2014
12 Mar, 2014
CDM is committed to employment practises that redress past imbalances in respect of
race, gender, creed and disability and furthermore invites suitably qualified applicants
to submit a detailed application for the following position.
CACADU DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY DRAWS THE ATTENTION OF ALL APPLICANTS TO
ITS DECISION TO RELOCATE ITS HEAD OFFICES OUTSIDE THE NELSON MANDELA
METRO MUNICIPALITY AND FURTHER CONFIRMS THAT THE RELOCATION PROCESS
WILL TAKE PLACE IN FUTURE.
RECORDS ADMINISTRATOR – TASK GRADE TK: 9
PERMANENT POSITION: BASIC SALARY
(R136 764 – R177 516)
REQUIREMENTS • Grade 12 certificate and a qualification in management
of archives and administration • Three years applicable practical
experience in local government or municipal archives administration;
• Proven supervision, co-ordination and facilitation skills; • Ability to work
independently and supervise staff; • Extensive knowledge of Archives Act and
other related legislation; • Knowledge of Computer systems used in an Archives
/ Records environment; • Good communication and analytical skills; • Ability
to speak two official languages spoken in Cacadu District Municipality area of
jurisdiction • Experience in electronic records management systems will be an
• Controls the processing of all incoming mail and the
filing of correspondence to ensure compliance with the Act;
• Exercise control over the filing and checks the opening of new file covers and or replacing thereof;
• Maintains and updates the filing index and register of files opened;
• Safeguards the records and ensures that all the items can be accounted for;
• Prepares and maintains a list of other archives;
• Supervise the archives staff to ensure the correct application of all registry related work is adhered to;
• Ensures that all archives staff receive training on Records Management and related fields;
• Liaise with the Central Archives department for disposal authority in terms of relevant legislation
• Handles and facilitates disposal of documents in compliance with the Archives Act;
• Safekeeping all the Council’s sureties. E.g. Title deeds. Leases, Agreements and Contracts by physically filing and controlling access to such documents;
• Liaises with the State Archives in connection with the borrowing of transferred records and the returning of borrowed materials; • Handles enquiries regarding new archival materials on a regular basis and decides whether the filing index provides for, or if a new number should be allocated. Benefits includes: Medical Aid, Retirement Fund, 13th Cheque, Group Life and Housing subsidy.
Application forms are obtainable from CDM Offices at 32 Govan Mbeki Avenue,
Port Elizabeth or could be downloaded from the council website www.cacadu.co.za
Completed Council application forms containing detailed Curriculum Vitae and
certified copies of qualifications marked “confidential” should be forwarded to
the Corporate Services Division at 32 Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth or
posted to P.O. Box 318, Port Elizabeth 6000.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 21 MARCH 2014
The following conditions are applicable:
• No late and faxed applications or CV will be accepted.
• No Z83, Department of Labour, or Nelson Mandela Metro application forms will be accepted.
The Council reserves the right to subject shortlisted candidates to any test to identify relevant specific required skills.
The Council reserves the right not make an appointment. The District Municipality also does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful.
Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date should accept
that their applications were unsuccessful; however they are thanked for showing
interest in the District Municipality.
NOTICE NO. 21
D M Pillay, The MuniciPal Manager, cacaDu DiSTricT MuniciPaliTy,
PO Box 318, POrT eliZaBeTh, 6000