The Park Inn Sandton hotel, is looking for an Intern/Trainee in the accounting department. We are looking for you that have the possibility to do an Internship in our department for 6 months.
The Accountant is in charge of the day to day activities in regards to Accounting and related. The job incumbent insures accurates and timely submission of information to the Financial controller, controls and banks all hotel money, ensures proper controls for cash handling, and brings any discrepancies to the attention of the Financial Controller.
As an intern in the department you will:
- Assist the accountant and take part in daily tasks of the department.
- Gain an in-depth understanding on the communication between the different hotel departments and ways they influence financial results.
- Take part in different projects, and depending on your skills also be responsible for some of them.
We are looking for a person that is enrolled in a Hotel School, preferably with an involvement in Finance. He/she should preferably be familiar with the operation of a hotel either through previous work experience or internships completed in an international hotel.
As a person you:
- Have excellent analytical skills
- Is a team player
- Have good communication and social skills
- Is fluent in English and preferably one other European language
- Have a good knowledge of Word and Excel, preferably also Opera.
- Have a genuine “Yes I Can!” attitude.
- Should currently be studying at Hotel School
Park Inn by Radisson Sandton
118 Katherine street, 2196 Johannesburg, South Africa
Ms. Cheryl Moodley
Human Resources Manager
E-Mail: [email protected]
Application deadline: 30/06/2012