SA-EU Dialogue Facility project is an instrument supporting the SA-EU Strategic Partnership by giving it a human face through people-to-people dialogues and other related interventions, including communication, visibility and awareness-raising activities.
Job Title: Appointment of a Junior Communications Consultant
Qualification: Bachelor degree
Contract type: Part-time (100 days, with possible extension)
The SA-EU Dialogue Facility invites applications for the part-time position of Junior Communications Consultant.
Applications should be submitted to Ms Nellie Khumalo via email ([email protected]) by Monday, 1 October 2018 at 12h00.
Shortlisted applicants may be subject to interviews.
We will choose a candidate within two weeks of receiving the applications.
The assignment will commence at his/her earliest convenience, no later than beginning November 2018.
Why the appointment
To support the Project Management Unit in the Communication and Visibility requirements of the Project.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Support the PMU in the implementation and monitoring of the communications and visibility strategy
- Assist the PMU in the oversight of the work to design, develop and operationalize the new SA-EU Strategic Partnership/Dialogue Facility website. Ensure the website is regularly updated
- Find opportunities to elaborate human stories (including by video and audio materials) on the dialogues and other EU-SA activities which give a human face to the Strategic Partnership
- Gather information and produce infographics and other appealing and user-friendly materials to communicate on the EU-SA Partnership results
- Produce real-time social media content, for example at events as well as contribute content to the EU Delegation’s social media content plan
- Assist in the formulation, design and review of all communications and visibility materials according to the European Union Delegation’s (EUD) internal communications policy and the European Unions’ visibility requirements
- Engage with the Press and Information Section of the EUD and of government departments, including DIRCO, for joint events and products as necessary and represent the Team Leader of the PMU there
- Assist in the organization of awareness and understanding events of the SA-EU Strategic Partnership, the TDCA and the SADC EPA
- Collect and analyse information related to the SA-EU Strategic Partnership events, to report against the Programme indicators and reporting instruments
- Proof-read all external communication materials emanating from the project
What we are looking for (eligibility criteria)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Compulsory: A minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible professional experience in the communication and public information space with proven results (to be highlighted in the application/CV).
- Compulsory: Advanced skills in the IT platforms for communication (content management systems, Twitter, Facebook etc.); Graphic design and web design as an advantage.
- Compulsory: Proven experience (at least 2 years) in producing written materials for a variety of audiences (blogs, case studies, media articles, interviews, etc.).
- Compulsory: Previous experience in shooting and editing short videos for social media, infographics, pictures.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders. Previous experience in dealing with Government stakeholders as an added advantage.
- Compulsory: A minimum of a Bachelor degree in a sector related to the assignment
- A Journalism qualification as an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree or a PhD (either obtained or ongoing) as an added advantage
- Compulsory: Outstanding writing skills in English: analytical, concise, visually appealing and pleasant to read (one sample of your writing to be attached to the CV)
- Knowledge of additional South African official languages will be an asset
Kindly send a motivation letter (1 page maximum), your CV, at least 1 example of your writing skills and 2 contactable references for work done to [email protected] by Monday, 1 October 2018 at 12h00.