The Board of SANCA Soweto is seeking for a dynamic and experienced strategic applicant to lead the organization in the role of the Head of Services (Director). The Head of Services will work closely with the Members of the Board and oversee operations. The ideal candidate for this position should have knowledge on Fundraising and PFMA and vast experience of an NGO Sector, a proven track record of effective team management and results-driven leadership.
Job Title: Head of Services
Opportunity type: Permanent
Report to: Board of Management
Office: Rockville –Head Office
Start date: 01 April 2019
- Providing strategic leadership and general organisation oversight.
- Represent the organization as required, including attendance of important functions and meetings with the Stakeholders.
- Facilitate the strategic meetings of the organization.
- Work closely with the Management team to prepare annual budgets.
- Counter-signing various documents as specified by the Chairperson of the Board.
- Monitor the Human Resources and Finance Dept in ensuring that relevant legislations are adhered to.
- Raise reserves of the organization and maintaining a good relationship with the Donors.
- Programme development, monitoring and evaluation
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in social work and background knowledge in finance will serve as an advantage.
- Currently registered with the SACSSP.
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license (essential) Must be willing to travel
- Must have at least 5-10 years’ experience on senior management position.
- Must also have at least 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector. Basic skills in MS Office, email and power point usage.
- Experience in the field of substance abuse disorders is a requirement
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems and communicate clearly
- Understanding of the King IV report on corporate governance for South Africa, 2016.
- Previous experience working with a variety of donors and local and international foundations, is preferred
- Relevant knowledge of Human Resources required
- Experience in financial management
- Strong administration skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- A person with high personal and ethical standards.
- Have a strong passion for effecting change in the lives of people with substance use disorders.
Send a motivational letter indicating the reasons why you think you deserve this position, A detailed CV reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills, certified ID copy and relevant qualifications to [email protected] by the 10th of February 2019.
Preference will be given to employment equity candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be subjected to vetting as a requirement for the position.
Should you not receive feedback from SANCA Soweto within one month after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANCA Soweto reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement.