Posted on :
4 Dec, 2013
4 Dec, 2013
To provide a value adding certification service to clients as part of an audit team which meets the requirements of the SABS.
Prepare for Audits according client’s requirements for the Chemical Certification:
• Plan and conduct sales visits as part of the QMS Audit team.
• Provide specific information for the preparation of quotations.
• Plan and schedule Audits in line with client requirements.
• Participate in pre- Audit meetings and / or complete Audit preparation.
Conduct Audits according the SABS/ISO certification standards for the chemical certification BU:
• Conduct QMS Audits according to client requirements.
• Present QMS Audit findings.
• Write and submit QMS Audit reports to clients.
• Deliver samples to the labs for testing according to specifications.
• Conduct the on-site evaluation.
Market and Promote the Chemical Certification business to clients:
• Promote awareness of the SABS’ services and products offered by the SABS Commercial.
• Manage and control the accreditation status of the organization (within scope of control) so as to ensure that Audits conducted for clients are valid and reliable.
• Ensure a thorough knowledge of SABS’ services and products (within scope of control).
• Create opportunities to uplift and to attract additional business for the organization.
• Liaise with clients and actively build and maintain relationships.
• Analyze customer satisfaction survey and take action to address any findings.
Deliver excellent customer service:
• Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding the client requirements as per their requests.
• Handle queries and resolve problems as they relate to the audits.
• Resolve customer issues within the desired time frame.
• Follow up on customer queries and complaints where necessary.
Optimize own performance within the chemical certification team:
• Participate as a productive team member.
• Manage own performance in order to meet departmental objectives.
• Contribute to diversity management initiatives and actively build business relationships.
• Seek guidance and mentorship from more experienced team members where necessary.
• Maintain registration as an Auditor with the relevant auditing body e.g. SAATCA.
Ensure that all administration and reporting is kept up to date:
• Generate and submit accurate audit reports to the Approvals Board timeously.
• Generate and submit weekly, monthly MCS reports, car logs, time sheets and any other related documentation.
• Complete and submit accurate subsistence and travel claims timeously.
• B. Degree / National Diploma in Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Chemistry
• Minimum 3 years industry experience in a chemical/ Rubber/ Plastics environment / Sector
• Total Quality Management (TQM) experience would be an advantage.
• A qualification in ISO 9001/ ISO 14001/ ISO 18001 or and Mark Scheme would be an advantage.
• SAATCA registration as QMS Auditor for Quality Management Systems will be an added advantage.
• Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable car and willing to travel.
• Computer Literate (MS Office, Internet etc)
• Knowledge of general industry terminology
• Third party certification processes
• Management systems for Quality and Products
• Relevant chemical sector standards
• Auditing practices
• Specific Accreditation requirements
• Understanding the competitive environment.
• Customer Focus
• Professional and Technical Depth and Credibility
• Problem Solving
Applications accepted until: 05th of Dec, 2013