South African National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (SANCA) is a non-governmental organisation whose major objectives are the prevention and treatment of Alcohol and Drug Dependence.
The first of these objectives is mainly achieved through the provision of treatment services for chemically dependent people and their families (Chemical dependence is an umbrella term used to describe both alcoholism and drug dependence).
Job Title: Chief Social Worker
- Lead the professional team in coordinating care review and evaluation.
- Being part of the Management Committee of SANCA Soweto.
- Compiling and submission of monthly reports and other forms of reports.
- Providing supervision services for employees at the designated service point.
- Handling of all external services providers where applicable.
- Regular meetings with management committee and Head of Services around operational planning.
- Providing supervision services for Social Workers and Social Work personnel.
- As well as conducting regular Social Work duties as expected of all Social Workers.
- Regular training of social work personnel and supporting personnel.
- Strong fundraising and marketing skills.
- Drive and energy.
- Client and service user responsiveness.
- Problem solving and judgement.
- Engaging diversity.
- Strong communication skills.
- Building relationships.
- The applicant must have Supervion experience.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Social Work qualification from a reputable institution.
- Must have a current registration with the South African Council for Social Services Professionals.
- Recent SAPS Clearance certificate
- Form 29 enquiry report
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Social Work practice.
- Must have a valid Driver’s licence
Please submit a detailed CV, 1-page motivation letter detailing how you meet the requirements and certified copies of qualifications. Hand deliver your application to our Sanca Soweto Rockville office, 827 Elias Motsoaledi Road Moroka 1818 or email to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 20 August, 2019